1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, here's what I have to say...

Discussion in 'General' started by joshherrin46, Mar 22, 2011.

1. wrparrish

wrparrish Well-Known Member

Damn, missed the first page.

Good post guy, good post.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I think a picture of the pink fuzzy family is in order.....

3. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Keyboard warriors,come out to play!!

Keyboard warriors,come out to play-ee-yay!!

Keyboard warriors,come out to plaaaay-eeee-yaaaay!!

Attached Files:

4. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Fair post.

I wish I had enough talent to get suspended by the AMA. Mongo or Sublet can you suspend me and I'll work up the ladder?

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So NOT cool :down:

6. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Go get 'em herrin...especially that punk eslick!

....and don't read too much into what you read on the interwebs from the armchair quarterbacks/haters....it's just empty words on a computer screen...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  7. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

If you would have been doin a rollie free you would have been on top of the box and we wouldn't be havin this conversation. :D

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Dammit, Gump!

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Only if Josh asks to see it. :D

10. Just Bob

Just Bob Well-Known Member

Weak. Fail.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Friggin IN!!!

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Josh the best way to deal with all this is to win every remaining race without so much as a word.

13. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

What's that in your signature? wera ex. #15?!

They give expert status for cheesesteaks?

14. primo

primo Well-Known Member

:stupid:

15. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Eh, the kid didn't have to get on here. He's gotta know he's gonna get crucified for no matter what he says. Everybody makes mistakes but a true test of a man's character is how he handles those mistakes. Good luck, Josh, and I'm sure we all hope you realize that these kinds of situations can be avoided.

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

While I may or maynot agree with the AMA its pretty easy to understand the actions they took. I broke a few windows as a kid that I didnt mean to but I still got the punishment.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Agreed, and then some. The issue (at least in my mind) was not so much with the on track antics because nobody in their right mind would think that you intentionally hit Dane's brake lever hoping for some kind of advantage. However, it was an intentionally aggressive move on your part that resulted in Dane's crash, to which you still don't seem to be taking any responsibility for.

Furthermore, the REAL issue was not even the racing incident because most of us on here know that shit happens, but the fact that there was seemingly no regard for the well being of the other riders afterwards made quite a negative impression. The silence itself was bad enough but the facebook and twitter posts went above and beyond bad form.

It's tough when you're young, but sometimes you just have to take your lumps and learn from them. Owning up to your responsibilities and accepting the outcome of your actions, regardless of whether they were intended or not, will earn you a whole lot more respect than arguing your viewpoint.

I get that the crash was an accident and you didn't mean for it to happen, but the right course of action would have been to acknowledge your role and immediately make sure that Dane and Taylor were alright, than apologize profusely for the racing incident. You still probably would have been fined and suspended and maybe even made a few enemies, but you'd have earned a hell of a lot more respect and made a lot more friends than you have with your chosen course of action.

18. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Maybe Josh can get on the Charlie Sheen tour. Sounds like CBS is ready to take him back. :D

Props for the post Josh.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, the best way to deal with it is to admit his mistake, apologize to those involved, then try to win every remaining race humbly and graciously.

20. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

In the immortal words of the lovely and talented Kelly LeBrock, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful".

:D