1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We may be losing the Panther.

Discussion in 'General' started by Orvis, Oct 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Known Bob through the beeb for many, many years and when I took time off here, found him again on Facebook. Had the honor of meeting him years ago at Road Atlanta when he came into Atlanta to ese hte races. Spent the day with he and R Acree. Bob was one helluva guy. Truly would love to see him prove all of us wrong.

2. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Never met Bob, enjoyed his posts along with many others.
    Just shows from the outpouring of prayers and actual words of love that family is people caring for each other.
    This song says it all. I'm from his era, having some of the same issues but press on until I can't. Savoring the time I have as we all should.
    Have always invested in those around me and lately even more so. Family is all that matters in the end.
    Wish Bob, his family and those who know him personally peace.
    Time to reflect on his life and their lives. Peace during this time and most of all no pain physical or mental during this trial.
    Peace to you all. Best wishes Bob.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Man, first I'm seeing this, sending prayers down his way....:(

I remember reading he had some issues but didn't think they were that grim. I did know he just had an awesome RV built so figured he was keeping busy out on the road. Also saw him share interest in getting back into the R/C hobby , another interest I also shared with him.

Hoping/praying for a miracle, GWS Bob!

4. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

damn iit as we age and our friends go, its hard for those who are left. at 76 yrs i have lost so manny friends, so i understand orvis pain. only talked to pc a couple of times but wisdom like his comes from years of experence. vetnam has caused tremendous problems for vets, my friend was a medic, and you wouldnt believe all his health problems.but most of them are tough as nails ,dont give up yet keep pc in our prayers

BigBird likes this.
  5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Prayers and good vibes for Bob from the ‘Cuse.

Hang in there, Panther.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

As of late yesterday Bob has been moved into the hospice section of a facility in Ft. Worth (James West Center) that's primarily a facility for Alzheimer patients but with a superb hospice care service. He was resting easy this afternoon when my wife and I visited although he was under heavy medication and was not aware of our presence. I did talk to his daughter for awhile and received a bit more accurate information.

His basic medical failure is that the kidneys have stopped working which causes fluid to build in the lungs and around the heart. The treatment for removing all the liquid is what Bob ordered the Doctors to stop doing. His daughter said that they are slowly cutting his oxygen a tiny bit every few hours so my semi-uneducated guess is that it will not be long before he expires. I didn't get a chance to ask her if they were feeding him anything although I did not observe any feeding tubes.

I'm such an old emotional fool that I could not keep it together long enough to continue asking probing questions. We'll all know soon enough I guess. :(

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

..I was holding out on something concrete and not wanting to see this initially...(chokes)...guess it's time to "nut up" and...offer my best wishes, condolences to the family and his close friends.... he was a helluva man, even through the his forum posts he spoke volumes.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Orvis.

10. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Safe travels Panther

Ducti89 likes this.
  11. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

god speed PC

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Rest easy Panther. The world is a little worse off without you.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There's nothing wrong with crying for your friend, Orvis.
    You're not alone.

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Thinking of you too Orvis. I know it's hard for you to see your buddy like that.

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Thank you for keeping us informed, Orvis. We're thinking of you too.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ughhh, this is all too reminiscent to when I lost my mom 21 months ago, it's never easy losing a loved one, be it family or a good friend but such is life, right?

Hang in there Orvis and thanks for all the updates!

Godspeed to Bob, condolences to his family and friends.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Anna informs us this morning that she feels that Bob is nearing the end and that if we want to see him again we should do it soon. I will go in probably tomorrow afternoon to see him at least one more time while he still is with us. I have never lost a close friend like this and I'm finding it tough to deal with. I'm sure many of you have and there has to be some secret to maintaining composure. I've not found it yet. Keep the faith folks.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't try to hold back. Nothing wrong with acknowledging the pain oof the loss.

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Composure is irrelevant. Be with your friend, think of and feel all the lovely breakfasts you had over the years. A couple of raconteurs.

BigBird and Shenanigans like this.
  20. joec

joec brace yourself

Image_323.jpg
    Dude, you're losing a great maybe lifelong friend. A great friend of mine who I only knew for 8 years unexpectedly passed 2 years ago. He made such a huge impression on me. As well as many other people. Just a really good genuine guy. Still can't believe he's gone. Still miss that idiot almost daily.. it's been a tough loss affecting too many people.

Be honest with your feelings. Pass your love for him along to his family.. And make sure to honor your comradiere and friendship with him in a way you think is right whem you're ready.

My buddy was an avid soccer player and spain fan, and loved his Guinness. I try to stop out at the cemetery to have a Guinness with him and leave a soccer ball for him to kick around.

Just writing about it is hard. Even after 2 years. Fuck.

TurboBlew, G2G, scottn and 2 others like this.