1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We may be losing the Panther.

Discussion in 'General' started by Orvis, Oct 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It is with heavy heart that I must tell all of you about our friend Bob Dickey. (Panther) As you've probably noticed, he has not been posting much over the past few months so I will now tell you why. Some of you may be aware of some of his health problems but I will explain it all for those of you that don't know.

Over the past year or so he has had problems breathing properly and was recently diagnosed with COPD. This is in addition to diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and Lupus. He has been fighting these miladies for a long time. About two weeks ago he and his wife Anna took a trip to Trinidad State park in their new custom built super C RV even though he had to cancel our regular Saturday morning breakfast two days before they were to leave for the trip because of a breathing problem. After a couple of days at the state park Anna had to drive the distance back to Willow Park Texas (their home) and immediately Bob was taken to the emergency room in Willow Park. They, in turn, transported him to Harris Hospital in Fort Worth where he still is.

Today, I, and a couple of friends visited him for what will probably be the last time while he's alive. He is being placed in palliative care there in Harris and, if they can stabilize his breathing well enough, he will be placed into a local hospice facility. Bob, during one of his alert periods a couple of days ago, informed the Doctors that he was done. No more experiments so all treatment has stopped. Even though he was heavily sedated and could not object, the medical staff convinced his wife to try one more type of treatment for 12 hours. It didn't work.

I will keep everyone informed as to what the next step is but it appears that the end is near.
    God, I hope he springs back to life and just slaps the hell out of me at our next biscuit tossing episode. Prayers are needed.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Prayers sent!:(

3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

PLEASE GWS Bob! I sure hate to hear of all these problems, I didn't know that he has been going though this. And, Orvis, I know that it is tough on you. Thoughts are with you too.

4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Prayers for Bob.

5. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear this, Panthercity is one of the good guys. Prayers sent up for all of y'all.

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Prayers for family and friends.

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Thank you sir.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hoping for the best. Hang in there, Panther.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I like and admire his attitude in this difficult time.

Take care Bob...

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Damn, always thought he was a good guy from his posts. Sounds like he's accepted it so at least he's at peace.

11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

for all the best healing and wellness to Panther City and his F&F

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dammit. I knew PC had problems, many of which dated back to his service in Viet Nam. I had the distinct pleasure of spending time with him at the GNF at Road Atlanta several years ago. Although we disagree on much, I consider him to be an awesome human being. Orvis, please let Anna know she, and he are in my thoughts and prayers. You too.

13. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

My first dealings with him was back in the mid 90's on Compuserve. He was the guy who ultimately pointed me in the direction of the Honda Hawk as my first racebike.

Hope he pulls thru!

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ah dammit. Absolutely broken hearted. Really nice guy. Invited me here like an old friend. God this sucks.

O, you're a good dude to keep us updated. I know he was your pal. I'm so sorry man.

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Very sorry to hear.

16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Tough to hear, but my most sincere thanks to him for all of his inputs over the years. His daughter adopted from China just a couple of years before we adopted, and his was a great and calming voice to help assure that my daughter, regardless of her current situation, would be just fine.

Orvis - Please give Bob my farewell when you see him again, and give my condolences to Anna. There is strength in numbers, and we are strong and numerous on the beeb.

Please post up if there will be a service or a charity to support in his name.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn it. I hate to hear that. Good luck Bob....

18. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers to his friends & families.

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Man sucks to hear this.

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Thoughts and prayers Panther...:(