1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We may be losing the Panther.

Discussion in 'General' started by Orvis, Oct 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Keep your head up Orvis. This band of miscreants is here if you need us.

joec and Sabre699 like this.
  2. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

godspeed

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Rest in peace, Bob. And condolences to Anna. :(

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Stay strong Orvis.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad he went as peacefully as he did even if I'm pissed/sad he went at all :(

Thoughts are with you Orvis and Anna and everyone close to him. I know he'll leave a huge hole in your lives as well as ours on here.

6. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Godspeed Bob, you will be missed :(

Thanks for the update Orvis and I feel for you.

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

A huge thanks to all of you. I've come to a realization over the last few days. It sometimes gets easy to lose sight of people who you discuss (argue?) politics with almost every day but an event like this opens up the clouds and you realize that everyone on this board are actually good friends that you just haven't met yet. :flag::clap:

BigBird, ton, Shenanigans and 6 others like this.
  8. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

RIP Bob. I’m an ex Texas Racer and his name was mentioned many times in stories from the past, though I never met him in person. Though I did always take notice to his input here, PC always had instant cred.

Just a Good Human.

Prayers sent to his friends and Family.

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I talked to one of my older friends who was also close to Panther this afternoon. He confirmed that Bob was cremated and that a memorial service will be held some weeks or so down the calendar. We believe that Anna is going to take Panther's ashes and drive to the Big Bend area of Texas and scatter them there. That was one of Bob's favorite places. I wouldn't be surprised if Anna saves some to spread around the Trinidad State Park in Colorado which was another place the he really liked. It's kind of a fitting end for Bob to be part of the earth in places that he loved. Maybe we should all hope for the same.
    Guys and girls, this past couple of weeks has been a sad whirlwind for many of us and I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers for Panther, Anna, and even me. It really means a lot. :beer:

RichB, Fencer, beac83 and 6 others like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is all very cool.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

For those that would like to read what was written about Panther his obit is in today's (Sunday) Fort Worth Star Telegram. Perhaps the final official written words about a great guy.

deepsxepa likes this.
  12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

OMG!!!
    I Love you Panther <3
    :( :( :(

13. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just damn :(

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I don't know...every time I look at the rodeo photo, I smile.
    Methinks Bob lived a full life, and I celebrate it. Bittersweet, yes, but still very sweet.

Banditracer and pscook like this.
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

And all the photos he posted of his pets over the years. What a lovely, lovely man.

Banditracer likes this.
  17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Today's is Panthers birthday.

Miss you buddy.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Our resident cowboy!

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Man, I was thinking of him yesterday.

Hope Anna is holding up.