1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was anyone else long on Bitcoin Cash before today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do they output US dollars?

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not necessarily

I would only take it because I know there are a few retailers that currently find value with it that I could immediately dump it for....again provided they were selling something that I wanted. If all the places that accepted crypto were only places selling shit I have no use for then I don't find any value there. There isn't really anything from the Microsoft store I want at the moment for instance. But as mentioned before I think Amazon accepts bitcoins so there's plenty on there to buy. But again its inherent value is highly questionable/variable to the individual as Mongo mentions. His comparison to owning a domain name that maybe some would find value to, to others its worthless.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Bitcoin over 10K again...why? no one can explain

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I haven't seen bitcoin as an option when I check out on Amazon and I do that a lot :D

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Getting close to taking you up on your offer to sell me 10 @ $11k each.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I could be wrong, I thought I had read about that somewhere. Mehh

7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

You could not be more wrong. People didn't understand the internet 30 years ago. Crypto has astronomical worth, the only question is which will become Amazon and which Pets.com

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

that offered expired. Maybe when it hit 5k again, we can revist it.

sdiver likes this.
  9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

If they would just let us sell Pokemon in Pokemon Go, I'd catch them all.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What does understanding the internet have to do with anything at all? Just because it's net based doesn't make bitcoin any more valid than any other made up currency that has happened over the years.

It's really simple to understand.

This has a value agreed upon by the issuer and the end user -

[​IMG]

Now go buy milk with it.

Bitcoin is nothing more than a D&B token for geeks.

dtalbott and crashman like this.
  11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Bitcoin provides liquidity to a technology you don't understand any more than you understood the potential of the internet 30 years ago. And yes Ive purchased a lot of things with my bitcoin. Mostly stock and other investments which are M2 (Money 2 in economics) just like bitcoin.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet again - no, no it does not. It is not liquidity to a technology at all. It is a created fake currency that is not backed by anything more than it's own users. That's it.

I do find it interesting you thinking you know what I understood 30 years ago, hell, this BBS alone has been going for 20. I'll give you I didn't foresee the cellular data end of things but the rest isn't a surprise in the least to those of us who were using it and watching the advent of ISP's and so on. Waiting for technology to catch up was frustrating for sure.

Just because you got suckered into the hype and are still okay as long as others agree with you doesn't make it more real than a Dave and Busters token or tickets which can be traded for items too :D

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

terminus est likes this.
  14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It was highly over valued by the issuer at the time as well. :D

15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

:D Guess it's time to get some D&B tokens and wait for them to explode in value.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

17. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Money is not just fiat currency. By definition, anything that can be easily converted to fiat currency is also considered money.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You could just go to gemini, etc. and exchange it for dollars.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner