1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wait, what?! Roberts family drama!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Aug 29, 2016.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Maybe. Why not smile, shake their hand and politely explain you are "focused" at the moment (celebs). Takes all of 30 seconds of their precious time. Much better than being as ass and ignoring an obvious fan.

I'm kind of the opposite when it comes to celebs. If I see one and even make eye contact I immediately move on and don't speak unless they speak up first. I like my personal space respected and assume everyone else does too. I also don't care about collecting autographs, etc.

zippytech likes this.
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Rainey is the one racer I would try to speak to simply because he was paralyzed racing and so was I. My questions would not be racing related but the internal conflict paras face because so much has been taken away from us and how he has dealt with it over the years. I'm still adjusting to my situation 3 years later and still have a very hard time dealing with it.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And like Rainey, it slowed you down just a bit, but neither let it stop you.

BigBird and 50Joe like this.
  4. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

I ran into Kenny Sr and Jr in May in California. Was out there supporting Maker Faire for work and we stopped at a Sams Chowder House. They came in, sat down at the table next to us, and I told my crew "holy shit, that guy is a legend". I left them alone, but as I was leaving walked up and introduced myself and thanked them for the years of awesome racing. Told them I raced in the MRA and admired their work. They had the family and ended up asking me for my contact info so they could take the kids up to Maker Faire. I got a pic as I left. That was in May. Bummer that Sr. had a heart attack shortly after.
    [​IMG]

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

he must be a nice guy and down to earth. he visited Greece about 9 years ago , he was on a tour with his riding school (or something) . unfortunately I never had the chance to meet him in person but when I had a question about his early years in racing I took the chance to contact him through messenger. He was kind enough to take the time to answer my questions.Either that or the person who runs his social media shit does a great job!:) the answer was in first person though.

6. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

Doesn't belong in RoadRacing world. This is belongs in the gossip magazines by the supermarket registers

7. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

W.T.F?

Well maybe but minimal force necessary. He was the individual who imparted morals and discipline. :(

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

So who got the book thrown at them, Kurt or Big Kenny?

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I ran into Rainey at the bottom of the elevator going to the tower at Daytona. He was very friendly.

50Joe likes this.
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Isn't that like the only response to an ugly baby? o_O

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well, not the only one, but other responses will cost you friends.

speedluvn likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not sure why you are insulting me.
    Perhaps you could explain.
    I mean, I knowed your daddy, and he was a good 'ole boy.

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

When a 64-year-old 3-time world champion has a heart attack and two weeks later faces off with his 37-year-old 3-time AMA champion son in court, in a dispute centered around the world-famous Roberts Ranch, it is definitely newsworthy and definitely belongs on a motorcycle news website, specifically roadracingworld.com. Whether you like that it happened or not.

15. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

There can only be one Rooster on the yard..Im sure this wasn't the first clash father and son had.Its a shame.
    Almonds must be a pain in the ass to grow?

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Sorry to hear that. Very.
    Have you read Racing The Gods. I've interacted with Ritter a few times, seems like a great guy.
    Best wishes.

50Joe likes this.
  17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

He has always been my favorite racer. In 2010 Tyler raced at the Indy GP with his Moriwaki. Tyler was one of 3-4 guys to ride downtown on the streets to the capital with Garret Gerloff and Jake Lewis for some publicity in the local stations.

We met a bunch of fans and then we were introduced to Kevin. I was like a kid on a candy store. I teared up at the end of my conversation with Kevin. My wife understood, but Tyler and Dominique laughed at me. Lol

ToofPic and flyboy like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Keep in mind that the criticism came from the same guy said MotoGP racers are pussies for wanting a red flag when they are hydroplaning at 300+ kph. Sometimes, the jury really should hear about unrelated prior events. :D

20. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

^
    I think he hit his head recently too.