1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage info for Nola and Hallett

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VFR#52, Feb 16, 2014.

1. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

I am with you YAMANATIC. I live near St. Louis and if you plot the tracks
    on Google maps that WERA and AHRMA race at there is a big gap in the middle of the country. I hope the Corvette museum track can be added to someones
    schedule in the near future. My local club MCRA is going there in the fall.

2. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

That will be great when it opens. Everybody is staying at Steve Upchurchs house. :up:

3. Yamanatic

Yamanatic Active Member

IMO, Hallett Connie would be way more than willing to work with WERA, AHRMA, or any other club to run an event at Hallett. They are all really good people, and very much into the 2 wheeled racers among us; attend a track-day or CMRA race, and you will come away appreciating what it's like to be appreciated =) Track rental is quite affordable, and they supply the manpower!

Over the weekend I was on the phone with another vintage guy on the Left Coast who is also a TZ750 rider who rubs elbows and scrapes knees with many of the senior pro's living in Cali (hate to drop names, but you all know them); when I mentioned that this coming weekend was the first track-day at Hallett, it was like I put a hand full of quarters in the guy. He took off telling me about the many people he knew that ran and loved the track, and that many of the winningest riders said they learned more about their riding skills, techniques, bike geometry, suspension, traction and set-up there in the shortest amount of time, than on just about any other track in the country.

It is truly a rider's track, and is technical to the extent of making raw HP and top speed a moot point. The track can be run equally well in both directions (CW & CCW) to present a whole new set of challenges; the designer most definitely was an MC guy. And Like Yamahogg500 says, living in the Central USA gap really makes hitting more than a couple events a year a 'driving' experience.

Cheers,
    Warren
    WERA #717

P.S., I would be more than willing to talk to Connie about putting an event together with WERA, and be Steward for the Mid Central Chapter!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Without a rider base in the area it's just a gamble we can't take currently. Hallett is a great track, but if we can't pay the bills we don't stay in business.