1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage info for Nola and Hallett

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VFR#52, Feb 16, 2014.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok so is the next Nola Race, the one with the new endurance race going to be a vintage race Sunday for points?
    Also how about the Hallet round. Any vintage points to had there?
    Before the one at Nola was a DH points round for vintage and Saturday went to endurance race, So is Sunday still a vintage points paying race?
    Thanks

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

If it is an endurance race, will there be any vintage at all????

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well thanks for the news flash! LOL. But Sunday there is not an endurance racing. And before they added the New endurance series race for Saturday it was a DH round for vintage points. And as im having to travel a long way to earn points and that just took a day of me being able to do that. I need to know exactly where i can race to make them up and when. Takes money to race and it messes with my budget. But the Endurance series is a Good thing for everyone and i support it. With everything WERA has going on i just need to nail down how it affects what im trying to do this yr. Im trying to get as many CMRA Classic guys to come race with us to at Nola.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes NOLA normal Sunday classes and points. Hallett will have WERA National class points, not sportsman so no Vintage.

5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Thanks you cant throw vintage in at Hallett? I love that track! LOL

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Wait lemme get that for ya...

No

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well they took one of my day to earn points, thought id throw a little wine with that love and they would go ok! LOL I do love Hallett. I could give you riding lessons there! LOL

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hallett isn't our event so not my call. Not sure what classes CMRA will have.

9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I see. well i tried! LOL see you at Tally.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Hey Mongo, since CMRA has Classic and Modern classic and they are running on the weekends that CMRA is hosting the Combined Endurance/National points. Can Classic count for V7MW and Modern Classic count for V7HW? They could count as National Vintage points. And if nothing else it may entice some of the CMRA guys that run F2-3's and FZR's. I know some of them are coming to NOLA to run and if they had national points going into the GNF it also may give us a better turn out.

There was 6 bikes in the last Classic race.

What ya say big guy? I'm talking something similar to how WERA does the VMD's.

They also have a bunch of RD400's in 500 Classic. Maybe get them to come too.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No sorry. It's not a Sportsman weekend in any way shape or form, it's just Endurance or Endurance and Nationals.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Right now I want to just have those series to worry about combining, we can look at more later down the line.

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Well that's a given it's not a sportsman series. But neither is the VMD. BELIEVE ME, you aren't going to have a ton of points to have to count. Not like you are already going to by counting the points as National points. We are talking maybe 4-5 bikes and it may help with turnout later on.

It was just a thought to help turnout.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

VMD is part of the Sportsman series and runs a lot of classes that pay Sportsman points, not just one or two for you and Steve. Those Vintage riders can already run the GNF if they'd like, they also won't get enough points at one round to be in the hunt for a championship so it wouldn't be all that big of a draw for them.

15. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ok cool. Well it was worth a try.

19. Yamanatic

Yamanatic Active Member

Just my 2 cents...

Being a mid-continental Vintage racer and new to WERA, it would be so nice to have at least one Sportsman/Vintage event at Hallett, since it is the only track WERA runs within 500 miles of NWA (Northwest Arkansas). IMO, it is ideal for us vintage guys, being a little rough around the edges, plenty of turns and elevation changes, and few flat-out straightaways to keep the playing field level and everyone on the same lap (especially when combining classes). I promise to sign up for any and every class possible!

Cheers,
    Warren
    WERA #717

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would love to but technically WERA doesn't run there and hasn't for a number of years. We're just piggybacking onto a CMRA event (for which we thank them!).