1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video your races....

Discussion in 'General' started by rydfree, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I got one as well after the thread started.(thanks op for the tip!) After playing around with it and just now setting the date/time(thanks for the link to that as well), I think I will get a few more too. Great little toy! :)

2. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

LOL! Some us ride older bikes. You know, the fat part at the bottom and the skinny part at the top? :rolleyes:

3. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Does anybody have the "set clock" program. I can't seem to download it.

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

5. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's the link I was using but it was not downloading. I did a virus scan and then restarted my computer. It works now. :confused: Thanks again.

6. vance

vance *

Do you have to have an sd card in order for your computer to identify these things?:confused:
    I've seen where the supplied cords are crap, but I don't have an extra one, just needed to know if I need to pick up a cord as well with the sd cards.

7. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I just got mine today. I only used the cord to charge the camera before I used it. There's no manual so I just connected it to the USB on my computer for about 1/2 hour. I bought a 4GB micro sd card at target which came with a USB adapter so I can remove the card from the camera, put it in the adapter, plug it into my computer and instantly watch my videos.

This thing is awesome.

EDIT: Yes, you will need to buy a micro sd card.

8. vance

vance *

:up:
    Both of mine are working.
    I'll try them out on the 18th at the trackday and post up some videos.

9. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

I ordered two from Hobbyking. Got them today. Can't wait to try them out. The usb's on these ones are a solid adapter from the large USB to the Small one and they came with 2gb Scandisk cards in them...

10. cspencer123

cspencer123 250R Must pedal faster

i got 1 from the link at the beggining of this thread and it only worked after the first time i charged it.

tried charging with another cord but it won't do anything when i press and hold the on / off button.

am i the only 1 with a problem?

11. vance

vance *

Don't know if this is the same, but the light stays on for a second or two and then turns off.
    It's the same when you hit the record button.
    Neither light stays on.
    I wasn't sure they were recording until I put the sd card in the computer...

12. gixxernaut

Chris, did you try resetting it? I had a similar problem after reading the poorly translated instruction sheet. I got the idea that to end a recording you were supposed to "long time press mode button". I held it for several seconds and the device quit working.

According to the documentation on Chuck Lohr's site if you press and hold the "mode" button when it's recording rather than press and quickly release it, the device goes into a funky state and won't do anything.

Press the reset button by inserting a toothpick in the hole for a few seconds and then give it another try. Worked for me.

13. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I used mine for the first extended recording this morning. I recorded 19 minutes of video and it took 1.54 GB. The video pauses about every 2-4 seconds which is annoying. I believe it's the luck of the draw for these cheap cameras. Maybe it's the sd card's ability to be written to, but I doubt it.

You have to charge the camera before first use. I left mine charging for about 1/2 hour. Don't leave it too long because the battery will swell up.

EDIT: I just played it with Windows Media Player (as opposed to whatever the default player was the first time) and the pauses are no longer there.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  14. moke

moke Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information very informative. The videos astonishing, very clear!

15. Paz

Paz Well-Known Member

Nice...subscribed!

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I had one. Lost it somewhere on the track. I guess next time I will secure it better. Oh well. Off to ebay to buy another one. Someone should come up with a good mount for these.

17. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

Im working on it, I plan on creating a GP butt style mount to hold up to 2 cameras one rear and one forward. You'd probably have to screw into the fairing and have some way to point the camera for correct positioning, and a Wide angle lens mount for them. maybe a plastic case the camera fits into. I think I could make a package and sell that at the track.

Right now Im getting all the drawings done up for production.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  18. gixxernaut

[​IMG]

19. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

yeah Im a bit concerned about these camera's I could easily see tracks banning them. if riders start hitting these on the track, they probably would ban them, so tape them down fellas.

20. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

[​IMG]