1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video your races....

Discussion in 'General' started by rydfree, Jun 6, 2010.

1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Thanks for the link.
    i wish they would tell you that kind of stuff in the details.

This video didnt mention it either.
    So glad i didnt pay much for them, and it will still be fun to have on and off the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgQ0-asNYw&feature=player_embedded

2. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

I think a 2 gig would get through a full 20min session.

3. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

Ordered one of the key chain models. Can't wait to use it.

4. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Jelly lens is supposed to increase the field of view, make it sort of a wide angle, I'll be interested to read a review with results.

As for editing, I don't have experience with these keychain cams yet but it depends on your computer and or software you are using as to ease of use. For windows I used a program called Sony Vegas but there are free solutions like VirtualDub. My Mac now makes this process much easier with iMovie or FinalCut.

Just taking one file/camera angle trimming the beginning and the end doesn't take much effort. Putting two or three camera angles together will take a bit more work/time and YouTube tutorials will be your friend for whatever software you choose.

I posted earlier in this thread that if you have multiple cameras going and have some sweet footage I could put it together in a finished product as it will be awhile before I get back out on track and I kind of like doing editing.

From the videos I've seen using these cameras so far they are no where near the quality of the GoPro HD, BUT are no where near the price either. And it would be neat to have a bunch going at the same time. A sunny day and a smooth track will be were these are at their best.

5. tikki50

I think the jelly lens will help for the motogp style butt shot when mounted the field of View (FOV) is fairly tight so without a wide angle you end up with just your butt thats it. Adding the 40% would allow you to pick up both sides of the bike so you could see you leaning off. then if you wanted say a rear tire shot with the shock it should help with that angle as well. If I had it shipped to me in time I could show you but amazon has sucked lately for shipping, well at least for me.

6. vonstallin

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

linky stinky

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I ordered one and it arrived a couple of days ago. Definitely not for the technologically challenged, but after a reset it seems to be working. We'll see if it can handle the vibration and challenge of my thundering V twins this weekend. If it works I'll give it a try at Road Atlanta next weekend.

9. tikki50

make sure to tape it and if possible try to keep it out of wind, I think that is what caused a lot of my vibration on the front view because the rear shot is pretty smooth.

10. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

11. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Just got my 2 in the mail today, took about a week. For the twenty bucks I paid for both (shipping......) Im pleased. Its nothing amazing, but hell, for the price of an energy drink, you cant complain!

I deal with bee's almost daily, and might use one to video some of the jobs I do. Might be neat.

12. vonstallin

13. lightisright

lightisright Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday. Charged it with the included usb cable for a couple of hours. The led just blinked the whole time. Unplugged and with a card in it, when turned on it just blinks for about 20x's then light goes off. Doesn't work. I tried another usb cable, same result. Pressed the reset button, no difference. I guess I got a bad one? Any ideas?

Brad

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Try replacing the battery?

15. lightisright

lightisright Well-Known Member

I took it apart and realized I was puting the sd card in upside down.....yeah, I wondered why it was sticking out, but felt like it went in correctly. Turns out it actually clicks in and springs out......so never mind, it works.

The pics from inside my home office are grainy. Took a video around the house then walked onto the back porch in the bright sunlight. This thing is AMAZING for less than $10!

btw, mine is the #6 (http://www.chucklohr.com/808/, lots of geeky good stuff here)

16. tikki50

I tried the time remove stamp it doesnt work on my model however at least the time stamp is correct now and I can live with that.

17. DougG60

DougG60 Member

playerd with the keychain cam this weekend during practice. its actually pretty good, put a piece of tape over the mic hole to help out with sound. have 2 videos from sticking it on the gas tank and swingarm on my 848. gas tank is a little low to see out front real good. swingarm view is pretty cool but all you can hear is wind noise but got some cool close ups when getting passed. also tried taping it under the bike but it fell off after 3-4 laps, itd durable tho cause it got run over atleast 1x before i could get it between sessions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THYiycpvsig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjM4VUaCA7U

18. nickxx4360

nickxx4360 Well-Known Member

gotta pick a couple up.

19. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Well here we go...

Here's a short clip from Sunday morning practice at Road Atlanta this past weekend (Lightweight Expert and Novice). I simply used duct tape and attached the little guy to the top of my front fender. You can see the Bridgestone sticker in the bottom of the video.

The little camera gets a :up: from ol' Gixxernaut. I may order a couple more for different picture-in-picture camera angles.

Gixxernaut in Sunday morning practice @ Road Atlanta

20. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Wow, that is great, it even sounds good. Did you tape over the microphone to cut wind noise or just leave it as is?