1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vhs Photo Rocks!!!! E-tech Photo Blows

Discussion in 'General' started by freels22, Dec 7, 2007.

1. freels22

freels22 Well-Known Member

ok first i'll start by saying vicki you rock. so i went up to mid-ohio in sept for the ama rrgc and rode 4 days and 3 races. i get home and call etech photo to get a cd from the event. ok he's about 3 to 4 weeks behind no big deal. $60 for a cd of the event. he took the money that week which was the last week of sept. after the past few weeks of calling i get my cd today, the 7th of dec. what is that like 10 or 11 weeks. ok no big deal i pop the cd in and holy cow i get to look at 9, yes thats right, 9 pics. for $60 i was thinking in the upper 20s atleast. i guess i'm just used to those 60 or 70 from vicki. i called and he told me thats all you get, thats all i had. looks like he would have offered a small discount for just a few photos but nothing. i'm not the only one with this issue. by buddy got a cd after calling number of times and he to only got a hand full. well i guess needless to say if you more bang for the buck and better pics of more than one or two spots you have to stick with vicki. her photos rock. can't wait to see you at tally vicki.

2. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

Vikki Does Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

I have to agree, I looked at his photos from Mid-o when he had them at Summit and they left a lot to be desired. Vickis have always been awesome!:up:

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Vicki has mad skillz yo!.:up: . i just need to get my riding style back so she can make me look good:beer:

5. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Ya'll have made my day! Thank you!:beer:

6. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

I had never before purchased photos from a track photographer since they were always so poor. That was until I went to a trackday at MSR and the guy from Heart Phtotgrapy was there. It took about two days before the pics were up on his site. I ordered the event set (download) because the shots were that good. All-in-all, I got about 80 shots 90% of which were clear clean shots of me. The other 10% are shots I am in, but maybe blocked from view by another bike.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ya I used to always get my photos from Vicki years ago when I was racing and she does a terrific job and would always get the CD that weekend. This guy at Etech made a mistake by not giving you a break on the price based on quantity, quality and time to receive, because you just blasted him on the WERA board...now everyone knows LOL

8. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

Did anyone other than E-Tech take Mid Ohio RRGC pics? If so I would love to buy some.

Thanks

9. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

E-tech blows.

I ordered a large print from him at the 2005 RRGC's. I get it about a month later. Real problem was he just rolled it up and stuck it in a tube. Nothing to stop the edge of the print from rubbing a nice line down the center of the picture. I called and complained that he should put a protective piece of paper in between the rolled up print. He told me to file a claim with the USPS instead. It wasnt' their fault........... he packaged the item poorly. The tube was in perfect condition.

Needless to say, he didn't get another dime from me.

Never had any experience with Vicki, but Ray at theSBimage at BeaveRun does great work!!!

10. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

Good advise I was just sending out a poster picture (never done it before). What do you put in there so it doesn't rub?

11. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I'm not sure what to use, perhaps one of the photogs could advise on this.

All i know is i have a nice scuff down the middle of my print that was obviously caused by the edge of the rolled up print.

12. TrayDawg

TrayDawg Hawaiian Tropic Model

Yep, Vicki photography rocks and it doesn't hurt she is a great person too. :up: She shot some 70+ pics of me last weekend @ Tally and made me look fast (which I am not).

13. lance

lance Well-Known Member

vicki waiting on my cd i pre paid for from gnf

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I think Vicki's a big meanie...... but that could be because I am her nephew :crackup:

15. rubberducky

rubberducky David Rising 742

In my opinion, there is no point buying photos from any other track photographers than VHS. They take great pics but even more than that, they are great people. Vicki is awesome and fun to drink with. I would rather spend my money with someone who loves racing than with someone who love making money off racers. And in my opinion, if someone isnt part of the racing community, they arent worth giving my money to.

By the way, Vicki, my mom and sister are going to be in for x-mas, you going to come over and get wicked drunk with us???

16. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

There are some good folks shooting race pics, but Vicki and crew are the best hands down!

mmfoor

17. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

And I'm still waiting on your address :D

18. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Whoo Hoo, sounds like a blast. I would love to come over some time and hang out. Still need to see your new digs too!

19. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Sorry Thread jack!

Who do you make your money off of, just curious, not defending the guy cause he does sux, but i find that comment very interesting.

and yes her pics are the bomb!

20. Bruce N

Bruce N Well-Known Member

Yes, the e-tech guy SUCKS. It took me two months to get my pics from a car event at Summit in September. He showed up late and shot ONE SESSION. I got ten blurry washed out crappy pictures for $60. Lame.