1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas trip for the wife's birthday. Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Older and further from the center of the strip.

Pricing also has a ton to do with what is going in in town or near that given property and such. It's a weird deal really.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I looked at the last weekend in January and if I was going, I'd probably stay at The Mandalay, Treasure Island or The Mirage; all in the $150 per night range. Spend your money on fun stuff, not lodging.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd check and see if TI has been revamped recently.

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Ok, since this is really our first trip alone ever. We haven't even had a honeymoon. I went ahead and booked the bellagio. Why not? It's our first trip ever so f- it. Let's make it a good one. O, I also booked tickets to America's got talent,she likes that show. Gotta figure out dinner and rental car and I'm done. I think..:crackup:

L8RSK8R, rd400racer and gixxerboy55 like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bellagio is very nice and easy to walk to lots of other places. You can fake dinner as you go, Chateau Blanc is across the strip and less then a mile down. :D

6. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

You mean like circus circus.

7. gixxerboy55

Just a heads up,there are a lot of great restaurants off the strip, the restaurants on the strip are over priced. The strip is geared towards conventions, the. employees get a C.C. from there employer so they don't care what stuff cost.

5axis and dobr24 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have they finished redoing it yet? It was worn out a decade ago when I last went there.

We've spent so little time there lately other than for work I haven't visited anything outside of The Silverton or the Boyd properties.

9. gixxerboy55

I don't think so, it's geared towards families, Silverton's nice, once you done the strip thing, there is a lot of other nice properties, like RedRock.

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Bellagio is a solid choice, has one of the best pools on the strip (not that you'll get a chance to enjoy it). I prefer the Palazzo/Venetian or The Wynn but you will be dead center of the strip.

There is a very entertaining restaurant at the Bellagio called the Mayfair Supper Club. It's sort of a old time show and a meal place. Worth a look. If you dress warm you can sit on the patio outside and watch the fountains during dinner, no better show on the strip.
    https://themayfairlv.com/

Solid place for lunch or dinner is directly across the street at Paris Resort. It is Mon Ami Gabi. It is basically french bistro food.
    https://www.monamigabi.com/las-vegas/

Our favorite restaurant in Vegas is not on the strip. It's called Carson Kitchen and close to Freemont Street. Look at the Menu, it is amazing! Crispy Chicken Skin, Bacon Jam, Deviled Eggs to start.
    https://carsonkitchen.com/las/index.html

Don't forget to venture downtown to the old strip and see the the Freemont Experience. It's fun just to people watch.
    https://vegasexperience.com/

Get reservations in advance. You will thank me later.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    rd400racer and assjuice cyrus like this.
  12. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Planet 13 is worth checking out even if you don't indulge. We picked up some gummies for a friend and I was amazed at the operation.

dobr24 likes this.
  13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

If you want to try something different there is cafe prince. Get some Turkish coffee, it will help keeping up with Vegas life :)
    I was to stop by last time but run out of the time.

14. assjuice cyrus

Mayfair looks a must to see. That looks amazing.

Isn't there some needle deal you can eat at?

15. assjuice cyrus

16. gixxerboy55

Yeah great views, you're paying for the view.

17. gixxerboy55

Another place for special occasions, is the golden steer.

5axis likes this.
  18. gixxerboy55

For Mexican food, try El dorado cantina.

19. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

A group of us ate there when I was out there in November. It was a 10 minute ride from the Venetian. Very good steak house and wasn’t a shit show of people.

20. assjuice cyrus

Which one?