1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas trip for the wife's birthday. Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Dec 19, 2021.

1. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Brunch at Bacchanal is the way to go if they are in town on a weekend.

Hash House for breakfast - not if I'm spoiling my wife on her birthday trip.

@assjuice cyrus - if you want an easy way to find the "best of" everything, Norma Geli on Youtube has a great little channel - she's quirky, funny, cute, and her vids are easy to breeze through. She has all the usual vid's posted - best brunch, best happy hour, best steakhouse, etc...

YamahaRick likes this.
  2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Furnace Creek is a nice place to stay or get a bite to eat. I'm guessing they were bought and rebranded, but it is probably still really nice.
    https://www.oasisatdeathvalley.com/
    Several years ago I did the Neil Peart thing and sat on the patio and sipped the Macallan as the sun set over the valley.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Norma is a good resource. I learned a lot from her presentations.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

It's been about 12 years since we went. I love that area because it's so diverse. I'm not a golfer, but my son and I decided to play 9 holes at the Furnace Creek course. We started at 6am and it was 98 degrees. By the time we finished it was 115. I'm weird though, I love that heat.

5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Make sure you're hungry if hitting Bachanal, it's an expensive breakfast.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I had that buffet for breakfast a few years ago. It was really good...but it wasnt $50+ per person good..

[​IMG]

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Ok,

Narrowing it down to two spots I think .

Friend highly suggested the Prime inside of belligo. He said they take pictures while your there at dinner which the wife would love.

Or do I do the over the top, being our first time ever in Vegas and because of the view?

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I am sure this will be taken the wrong way but you have had lots of good suggestions from folks on here that are obviously "regulars" to Vegas and have seemingly have ignored them. Typical Beeb. :crackup:

5axis and assjuice cyrus like this.
  10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Like clockwork.

11. assjuice cyrus

This is why I love the beeb. Definitely not taking the wrong way. You can't affend me. Honestly I have looked at every suggestion,some were eliminated by the menus as my wife can be picky. Some were eliminated by time available for renovation clashes with what else I have planed. Etc. Etc. But I have looked at everything honestly.

It's hard when I'm trying to wow her with the best place for food and view and never been out there.

I like the over the world place just cause of view,but food reviews were 50/50.

Then prime was mentioned and being able to have pics and purchase them is something she would like is cool.

dobr24 likes this.
  12. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

We had our picture taken at le cirque for wife’s 30th birthday, which is also in bellagio. Others do it as well at the higher end places. If there’s another place you like maybe call and ask cause I’ve seen photographers in logs of places.
    Fwiw: we had hard times getting reservations this weekend. We’re doing Spago(bellagio) on Sunday and Bavettes tomorrow.
    Maybe you’ll have better luck with just two people.

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

If I recall I paid $74.99 each for "me Ma" and I at Bachanal.
    I don't even eat breakfast but she hosed it inta 'erself.
    T'was well worth it though.

14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Last I read, Brunch was $54 plus 8% tax and dinner was $79 plus tax - and you could buy a $20 "all you care to drink" coupon as well for either on top of that cost which sounds like you did.

For Brunch the upside is you don't then have to buy lunch but the *downside is you leave at 12-1pm absolutely white-girl wasted.

*my buddy did 8-9 years ago, he couldn't make the Cirque show that night as he was passed out - Mimosa's went down too easy and the service team dropping off 3-4 full bottles of Champagne for us at the end didn't help.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

What roads specifically should I go if I'm trying to see the coolest death valley drive?

And where to GC for best bang for the buck driving out in the morning, doing some hiking, and driving back at dinner time?

16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Not many roads there. Main one is 190 and you can take few side roads from it to see something specific.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You can be in Furnace Creek in about 2 hours. That's a pretty good starting point for your first time in the Valley. I've been 4 times and find the place fascinating. Some of the typical sights are the lowest point in the US, Badwater Basin and the Eureka Dunes, but they are a decent drive. We've also just bushwacked down fire roads and ended up in some weird places. One day I'll hit the Barker Ranch but I've got to do some planning for that. If you left at 8am you could spend hours there and be back by 6pm very easily. And see a variety of things along the way.

18. assjuice cyrus

I just watch a customer's video of his trip through fire valley, and now I really can't wait to get out there. I got everything lined up and super excited to surprise her.

19. assjuice cyrus

I'm getting mixed advice of scheduling a pickup at the airport. Some told me its a must,others say not so much. I looked and can get a limo company to pick us up at the airport in a lux sedan so we don't have to wait, others say just grab a cab or Uber. No wait is gonna cost me $65. I am ok with that so I don't have to wait an hour for some Uber driver to show up. What does the beeb say?

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I rode in by bicycle from Rhyolite. It's unreal once you cross the mountain and realize how low the valley is. From there it's down, turn left, turn right to to stove pipe or go straight to furnace creek. Zabrisky point is supposed to be the place for sunrise. The artist pallet road is a must do. Sucks on a bike. Bad water is worth it and really not far from furnace creek. Then there's ubehebe, Scotty's castle, the side canyons, devil's golf course, racetrack playa, etc...