1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US POWs executed!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rain Director, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And your response to him isn't the sheep-like bleating from the other side?

C'mon, you keep asking people to back everything up with facts, please do the same.

With no facts to back up your evident assumption to the contrary why would you doubt the word of Tommy Franks et al? Especially when the reporters along for the ride keep saying that they are seeing the soldiers make the effort to not harm civilians?

2. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

You know it seems everytime someone flips the switch, the light blows. Must be a short. Ya think.:p

3. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Nope. Taking the other side would be yelling "MURDERS", "BABY KILLERS" and other assinine comments that I couldn't substantiate.

As I said, the claims being made by Franks, GWB, Blair, etc. might be true and might not. I'm waiting for evidence that can only come after the dust settles (no pun intended) and an accurate assessment of what is taking place can be made by independent observers.

History has shown that the information provided by the military during an encounter is not an accurate representation of what took place.

4. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

What Mongo said.

RSDad, to start our conversation, you took the round I meant for Due North. (Sorry)

I wasn't really including you in that original description. ;)

(Lowers Colt and sloooowly backs away)

5. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

(Wonders how big of a hole that Colt would have made and if I have a spare pair of shorts anywhere close...)

6. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Uhh.... pretty big... uh ... hole.

(I owe you a pair of shorts.)

7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

5%

LOL, sheep? You are beating the no-answer anti-government peacenik drum with no evidence to back yourself up.

You just plain can't accept the overwhelming weight of the evidence, can you?

Common sense:

I'm to assume we are dropping $1 million Tomahawks and $20,000 guided Bombs just for the heck of it when we could be dropping $1000 regular bombs just for the heck of it?

They have no air defenses left...so why don't we just carpet bomb them if we weren't making those efforts to spare civilians?

In fact, why put Special Forces in at all?

Journalists:

All reporting the 90% ratio of guided versus "dumb" bombs. All reporting and many showing live on TV actual, live efforts to avoid hitting civilians.

Civilian Casualties:

Last report out of Iraq I heard was fewer than 100 civillian deaths, that was by the Iraqis and I think the actual number was 62. With thousands of bombs being dropped with tens of thousands of poundage of explosives, I think you would expect more than 62 deaths (by a factor of 100 at least) if they weren't being so careful.

2+2 really does make 4. And no, the moon landing was not faked. :rolleyes: Elvis really is dead as well.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2003
  8. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

2+2 really does make 4. And no, the moon landing was not faked. Elvis really is dead as well.

Synergetics says that 2+2=5.

I know that the moon landing was real because when I was there I saw Elvis' grave. It was in the crater next to Jim Morrision's hydroponic tomato farm.

I either need more or less cold medicine.

9. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

amazing how aggressive some allegedly passive people can be when it comes to pushing their personal rhetoric

makes ya want to:Puke:

hypocrisy abounds even in small groups

just been observing

10. edub

edub Well-Known Member

Death is death. Ours, their's, its all unfortunate...except in that soldiers go in to service knowing its a possibility, no matter what the case..(this is by no means excusing the crimes that were commited.)

11. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

If you want to be involved in a debate you are going to need to be more specific about either who you are talking about or what the post was. (I'm guessing it might be me.) Unless you just want to just "hit and run"...

12. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Who makes the rules in this game/debate. Looks like free for all to me. Will the last man posting be the great Master Debater or simply Mr. Num Nuts.

13. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Mr. Num Nuts.

I'm coming after your Patton quote next! :p

14. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

What Patton quote. Man you need to get some sleep, you're seeing things.;)

15. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

What the? I was sure there was a....oh, never mind.

16. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Always use store bought mushrooms in your spaghetti sauce.:)

17. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. Wait a minute....didn't it say.......

18. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Not as much fun as the ones from the yard.

19. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

First try more, and if that doesn't work, try a lot more!

20. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

the ones from the pasture had better color:D