1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US POWs executed!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rain Director, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Video from al-Jazerra apparantly shows US POWs being executed during a video-taped interrogation. :eek: :( Fox reports US service personell were shot in the head. :( Video tape being studied by US. Obvious violations of Geneva Convention.

Iraqi civilans used as human shields in front of the allegedly elite Republican Guard units.

Eliminate the madman and his regime with extreme prejudice. NOW!:mad:

Fuck it! Call in the the B-52s and carpet bomb the whole fucking country.

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

MFers!!! THose involved in forcing human shields and assainating POWs should hang!! (I'm usually anti-death penalty except for crimes against humanity.)

And how fucking stupid Sadamm is -- this is the kind of thing to get countries on the sidelines involved on our side.

But RD, don't let your anger turn you into one of them -- Saddam is the muderer of innocent civilians -- not us!

Rodger

3. Evil Dave K

Evil Dave K Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard a report that they were executed. I knew they had 5 or 6 captured, with another 5 or 6 killed. God do I hope you're wrong about them executing the prisoners. :(

4. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Check Fox News Network. CBS is now even broadcasting this report.

5. Evil Dave K

George, just heard it on Fox. The dead soldiers were apparently shot in the head.
    I'll hold my comments until I can speak with my head and not my rage.

6. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Roger, I am having difficulty keeping it under control. I hate violent criminals. I have spent my working life playing by the rules here in the US. I still perfom my duties within the rules. With this, the B******s have stepped over the line that anyone can accept as human behavior. When people kill others like that in the US, we call them criminals. Those responsible for this outrage are criminals, just as those who called for so-called ethnic cleansing from WWII to Bosnia, Serbia , etc., are rightly criminals.

OK, I am a bit calmer now. Think I will clean the house and fertilize the lawn to work off the anger. By then, I hope to be like Dave and be able to speak with my head and not my anger.

7. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

I can't describe the sorrow right now for the captured servicemen (and women) and their families. :(
    As well, I can't say that I'm all that surprised with an animal like Saddam or his barbaric ways he has treated others, including his own. :(

I'm so with George on this!
    Screw the extra effort (and danger) we're exposing our troops to in the name of smart warfare.
    Carpet bomb the whole F'ing country.

By the way, you can start the protest lines right outside my door if you'd like! That's your right, paid for by soldiers like this!

Keith
    (American and so very proud of our attempts to liberate a repressed nation and remove a virus like this a$$hole!)

As well, I think I better get way from the TV for a few moments. I'm not sure what burns me more, hearing the news about these brave men and women being executed or some 85 year old bag being interviewed at yesterday's NYC protest saying that this is Iraq's 9/11. Breathe, nice and slow, breathe.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2003
  8. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

God I hope this turns out to not be true.

9. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

It's time for the kid gloves to come off. F' these assholes. Torch em' all.:mad:

10. Shyster d'Oil

Rain Director, LMcCurdy and Empty Pockets Racing:

They are certainly criminals and probbably deserve hanging, like I said, but don't anhialate the whole country b/c of Saddams thugs. To do so would to be like Saddam and Osama, not what an honorable person would do. But I think that none of you really mean what you said, its just that atrocities like this provoke such anger in us all.

After all, this mission was to free the Iraqis from tryanny, right?

Rodger

11. Evil Dave K

Did the video capture the faces of the Iraqi's who were interrogating the captured US soldiers?

I'm not getting any calmer, just getting more and more pissed off at the Iraqi's military, Hollywood in general, and the protestors who are protesting "US military aggression" utilizing violence.

12. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Sen. John McCain now being interviewed. His comment (Not quoted, paraphrased here): this proves negotiation with the regime was an effort in futility. He also is making very interesting comments about the French and the Russians. Especially the part about if what they sold the Iraqis was used to kill the POWs.

Did you hear the one: If you let them get away with this, how can you conduct a war on terrorism.

How can the French improve their relationship with the US.

Seems like Sen McCain is saying the roosters are coming home to roost as far as the French are concerned.

RSDad - I see no hope that it is untrue.

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Rodger - The flush of anger has passed. I will be happy with this act being avenged on the battlefield without killing the women and kids. I just want to help out.

I am just wondering if the Marines will take a 54 year-old grandfather as a recruit.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm profusely appoligise for being painfully slow....

But what POW are we talkng about???

I know US has had casulties, but I didn't think they (Iraq) had captures any (US) soliders...

Please explain... I've got no cable...:(

15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

al-Jazeera has now stopped showing this video. Too late- this cat is already out of the bag. Seems like the criminals are having second thoughts about showing and doing this autrocity.

The VP of Iraq did say they would show US POWs captured from al-Sharouq (sp) on TV. The tape has IRAQI TV logo in the corner.

Iraq has inadvertently shown the world how they treat their own people by airing this tape. Curiously, they have not shown it on their own TV at this point.

Iraq claims the POWs shot were abandoned by the US. Any here besides me believes that is a load of bullshit/q/

16. Empty Pockets Racing

Just as long as RAIN won't hinder our air campaign!! :D

By the way, I'm wondering if they will take a 39 year old with armor plating already installed in my shoulder area!?! :D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2003
  17. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

hagasan - The bastards taped the execution of 5 US POWs. It was about to be shown on TV at about 1100 EST but the decision was made to not show it in the US. US officials say the uniforms and troop designations are correct. The POWs were shot in the back of the head. Reports also say the tape shows what is purported to be a morgue with bodies in US military uniforms, many of they showing severe head trauma.

Dude, get to a friends house and catch up. It will take about an hour.

18. Shyster d'Oil

The 1 PM news did not say that GIs had been killed, just that Al Jazzeria showed tape of some captured adn some dead Gis. Nothing about assasination.

Anyone actually see the tape?

Rodger

19. paul

paul just fast enough

Fox news says tape is to grim too show. It was reported that 11 were captured and five shot..excuse me...executed in the head btwn tne eyes. The others were injured and said to look scared and in pain including a female soldier. I'm with you rd..will they let a 40 year old sign up???

20. Empty Pockets Racing

Rodger,
    CNN and Fox News has reported that the Pentagon has stated that they appear to be that of U.S. soldiers and that families are currently being notified.
    As for seeing the tape, I don't believe any news agency (short of the clowns at Al Jazeera) has shown it. As George mentioned, Al Jazeera has supposedly stopped airing it based on a request from the Pentagon.
    All indications, at this point, are that the prisoners shown in the tape are U.S., as well as the ones who were murdered in cold blood.

Keith