1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Kenyans are hatched not birthed so no paper trail silly.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You need to go to troll school. This is not up to par. :D

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

No? That bloody thug on the line I'm reeling in sure is pretty strong...

Must be the millions of bullets bought in the Barry paranoia period acting as extra ballast. :D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'll bite...and snap that line. Green and orange are the colors of intelligence and organization. What colors do the Libs prefer on their talking heads? :Poke:
    :D

5. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the sky to fall....

6. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Republicans cut taxes for the wealthy. . .who happen to live in counties that voted overwhelmingly for Clinton; can't cut taxes for those who live in counties that voted for Trump. . .because they don't make enough in the first place to pay the tax.

Projected 15 billion dollar difference in money back from the tax cuts in favor of Clinton counties v Trump counties just from the repeal AHCA taxes (.9% on wages and 3.8% on income). . .got to wonder how much of that is going directly to finance opposition to Republicans.

Had to make 200,000 as an individual and 250,000 as a family to have to pay the tax (which according to the county breakdown, not many Trump supporters do).

Rich Democrats support paying the additional tax that middle class and lower income Americans don't have to pay; Middle class and poor republicans support tax cuts for the wealthy because it's unfair that the rich people have to pay the tax while they don't.

People who live in rich counties have/had a full understanding of how much money they were going to make under Trump - voting against him anyway. People who live in Trump dominated counties convinced they pay the tax when they don't. . .get nothing. . .but convinced they are.

Democrats are "emotional retards".

You just can't make this shit up. . .it really is a bad reality TV show.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...-lose-out-to-clinton-s-in-gop-health-tax-cuts

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

Another faulty bitch about tax cuts for the wealthy is equally absurd. If someone's paying 33% cuz of their upper level tax bracket and the demographic doing a lot of the bitching is only paying 15% because of their lower level tax bracket, what are they bitching about if the "rich" guy gets a 2.5% tax cut? He's still paying twice as much in taxes! If the "rich" guy is able to defer that rate through deductions, etc., more power to 'im. It still won't bring him down to 15%.
    This is the kind of info people need rammed down their ignorant throats so maybe, just maybe, they'll stfu...or do they want to pay 33%, too?

8. motorkas

How tax brackets work
    Progressive tax rates are "marginal," meaning that each rate applies to specific portions of your taxable income within a specified range, or tax bracket. For example, if you are single and have taxable income of $200,000 in 2015, then you are in the 33 percent "bracket."

However, you will not pay 33 percent on all taxable income. Instead, you pay 10 percent on everything up to $9,275, then 15 percent on the excess up to $37,650, 25 percent on taxable income between $37,651 and $91,150, 28 percent on the amount over $91,150 up to $190,150, 33 percent on the amount over $190,150 up to $413,350, 35 percent on the amount over $413,350 up to $415,050, and 39.6 percent on the rest.

Taxable Income (single)

Tax Rate

$0 to $9,275 10%

$9,276 to $37,650 $927.50 plus 15% of the amount over $9,275

$37,651 to $91,150 $5,183.75 plus 25% of the amount over $37,650

$91,151 to $190,150 $18,558.75 plus 28% of the amount over $91,150

$190,151 to $413,350 $46,278.75 plus 33% of the amount over $190,150

$413,351 to $415,050 $119,934.75 plus 35% of the amount over $413,350

$415,051 or more $120,529.75 plus 39.6% of the amount over $415,050

"On Oct. 10, 2016, Buffett released details about his personal tax data in a statement titled, "Some Tax Facts for Donald Trump." He says he paid $1.85 million in federal taxes in 2015, and his adjusted gross income was $11.6 million. That means he paid 15.9 percent in effective federal income tax.

Lawrence Zelenak, a Duke University law professor, said in an email most taxpayers with incomes in the low six figures have a higher rate than 16 percent.

"That's true even if you consider only federal income tax. Add in payroll tax and Buffet's rate becomes even lower compared with his secretary," he said.

Payroll taxes are separate from income taxes, and are deducted by your employer before you get your paycheck. These taxes pay for Medicare and Social Security. The employee tax rate for Social Security is typically 6.2 percent of your gross income, up to $113,700, and 1.45 percent on all income for Medicare.

These two rates are not progressive or applied to all income, so as income increases, they make up a smaller percentage of the total income.

Since Buffett makes the majority of his money from investments, his wage income -- and therefore his payroll taxes -- are low. But those who work for a living, especially those who make higher than average salaries, get taxed at higher rates. We don’t know what salary Buffett’s secretary earns, but it’s likely much higher than the median pay for secretaries. (Remember that Buffett is one of the richest men in the world.)

A study from the nonpartisan The Tax Policy Center says that people making between $100,000 and $200,000 pay an average 19.6 percent in taxes, including payroll and income taxes."

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Mick Mulvaney rocks your lame lib world. :D

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One of the "rules" advised to officials going before a congressional committee is to answer all questions directly and never add lib unless asked to "elaborate." Factual answers only if you will. The question posed to Sessions was (if I remember correctly) "did you speak to a Russian official as part of the Trump election team?" Sessions stated that he did not, and that wasn't a lie. He was not asked if he had ever spoken to Russian officials at any other time. People can claim that he lied but that person is sure as hell grabbing at straws. :)

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Actually, that was not the question asked.

There was no need for him to talk about his dealings with the Russians. He just decided to do it, for some reason. And lied. :D

12. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that is accurate.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...t-what-jeff-sessions-told-al-franken-about-m/

Franken: "CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, ‘Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.’ These documents also allegedly say quote, ‘There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.’

"Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

I certainly can read this as Sessions saying I can't comment on what others did as Trump's surrogates and that as his surrogate, I didn't communicate with the Russians.

I don't think it was a secret to anyone that in his role on the Armed Services Committee for almost 20 years and as chairman of the Strategic Forces Subcommittee, that he would be meeting with foreign entities in that role, NOT as a "surrogate" for Trump.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Spicer is starting to sound more and more like Comical Ali (aka Baghdad Bob) of the Iraq War information ministry. Same sort of disconnect....

Needs to work on his accent though.

Good fun.

speeddaddy likes this.
  14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Sounds like you don't remember Jay Carney.

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Jay Carney was fun too....

16. fastfreddie

I don't know if that was in reply to me but, to add to my comment, a 2.5% reduction isn't on the big end - it's on the percentage of the tax rate; and using Buffet as an example is going into statistically insignificant territory.

17. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

When will we get one?

Focker likes this.
  19. motorkas

It's splitting hairs, but that wasn't a shot at you personally, but addressing your example given and how some addition information can change the conclusions (or re-enforce them) - i.e. a good portion of the lower income brackets pay ZERO income tax regardless of the what their brackets say and in relation zero, the rich "paying twice as much" is actually on the low end.

I just don't get how all these tax examples (not on the board but in general) seem to be based on the assumption that the lower brackets are predominately filled by democrats, and the higher income brackets are predominately occupied by Republicans (my personal experience shows the opposite but it's not scientific in any way). Either way, to have lower income Trump supporters complaining about taxes for themselves doesn't seem to add up (and it really doesn't add up when they say the wealthy should be taxed less).

The major ways to pay for their govt services that they use is to either increase their own personal taxes, slash the programs they rely on, increase the govt debt, find an income source from somewhere else (trickle down economics?). . .or pray that the benevolence of corporations (whose officers have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders, not citizens) will do what's right for the country, even if it directly conflicts with their bottom line. It appears that lower income Trump supporters seem to think that political ideology exempts them from mathematical reality.

That 3.8 and .9 percent reduction in wage and investment taxes runs out to close to 30 billion. Considering that represents close to 2/3's of what POTUS is calling for in increases to defense spending (and the cuts he's proposing to achieve it). . .not on the small end either.

Statistics is often driven by outliers. . .which has the very real possibility of making Buffet statistically significant (The millionaires who make their income from paychecks from corporations v the millionaires who make their income from investments (there's more than just Buffet) and how it effects that bracket's average tax rate).

20. fastfreddie

Time for a simpler system, I don't understand a word you're saying. :D
    If a flat 10% won't cut it, make it 15%. No brackets, no deductions, everyone pays.

VintageWannabe likes this.