1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that's just plain not true, but ok... whatever you guys wanna think.

exactly what executive actions, trade deals, or laws has trump put forth that had an immediate action? please outline them for me. so far all i've seen is tariff threats and companies leaving or making other arrangements accordingly, and stock buy-backs. the tax changes are not spurring massive investment in new business avenues or job creations. this is not snide at all, please don't take it that way, genuinely what has he done so far that's made a big difference? loosening environmental protections (which is fucking stupid but i could see people sitting on deck waiting for that)? even that will take some time to see the ramp up in production or mobilization at sites that were off-limits before.

those jobs AREN'T coming back. sorry you want to be lied to and coddled. its just that AI and robots and technology is going to take them, technology owned and run by the very business owners hoarding your profitability right now, not immigrants. but that's an inconvenient truth to tell people. you'd rather obama just lied to you? coal jobs aren't coming back. steel jobs aren't coming back. it sucks, but its hard truth?

i'm just saying man... i'm totally not out to "getcha" trump here. i follow the economy pretty closely, as you can maybe guess... i'm not seeing any particular specific actions yet that have had immediate positive results besides a feeling that he will be big-pro business and people having a positive outlook. maybe i've missed something he did that fell out of the news cycle? i'm all ears.

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

It's absolutely true.

Since you are such a learned individual I know you're able to use Google.

Check out the Roundtable the pres had at the White House with approximately 15 company executives including Apple who all said it was directly due to his policies that they are bringing business back to the United States.

use Google again to find the clip of Steve Jobs telling Obama that Apple will never come back to the United States.

That's a start for you.

Immediate action.

Immediate results.

I've been in business for 35 years and the business climate now is amazing compared to the previous 8 years.

Businesses are now confident in building expanding and hiring because they know there's not some social justice Warrior running the office who cares nothing about them or the future of American Business.

kangasj, XFBO and K51000 like this.
  3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Roseanne Roseannadanna....

4. Sweatypants

so all speculative feelings, rather than concrete action.

this is what i was getting at. and look man, its fine, and more power to him... its just that's what i was talking about. there's a feeling that republicans will be for big business and less regulation, so i expect big businessmen to be salivating when they know that type of guy is coming aboard. but how much of it is just perception against what has he actually done? you cited two things that were both conjecture, and of the first one, they all disbanded and told him to go fuck himself... meanwhile carrier and harley are still leaving. confidence matters, but i still don't see anything trump has actually done that is a factual action besides being there and tweeting the things he tweets and saying the things he says at stump rallies, and those giving people the good feelies.

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not to argue, but what would you expect them to say when he is dangling the promise of tax cuts in front of them? Of course, they're gonna kiss ass, whether they actually plan to do these things are not. It's good for them.

Out of sheer curiosity, was Harley-Davidson at that roundtable?

Sweatypants likes this.
  7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

You do know who benefits most regardless of tax cuts right? And please cite said tax cuts. Reason stated by those companies was lowering of corp tax rate, which did happen.

Harley?? You`re kidding right? Do some research, they had those plans months before....

8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Nothing speculative about it. It has happened, along with regulation reform. Business`s have confidence again.

Apple told O, "we will never come back here".

Here they are , along with many others.

Also watch the clip of big o saying "those jobs are never coming back"

bbsteinnewyork likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're asking me to cite the tax cuts that I mentioned, and in the next sentence tell me that they happened. You have a point or just saying random shit?

And where did I say that Harley-Davidson didn't plan their strategy long ahead? I asked if they were one of the companies at the roundtable you mentioned. I don't know. If you don't know either, just say you don't. Or maybe, you could just give me the answer. Just a thought…

Liquid lunch: not always a good idea. :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They were at a demonstration of this new technological marvel...overhead cams.

11. Sweatypants

i remember him saying that. he's right, and its truthful. and he was specifically talking about coal jobs. and they aren't, and haven't, and won't. my "that's just plain not true" was to the part where you and the other dude said "big O cared nothing about jobs or business growth" and "obama's did not benefit minorities", not about obama never saying that, sorry. this IS obama's recovery still, that's the entire point of what me and GRH are saying. i dunno how else to explain that again, last page's explanation was clear cut.

did apple close down its mega plants in china and build plants here to replace that workforce? they have literally changed nothing about their business structure at all. EVEN if they were to at day 1 of trump's presidency, decide to build a new factory here and close up shop there, you still probably wouldn't have a factory up and running at this point right now, you know how long that takes to buy up a property, get permits, build out a factory to spec? it takes 2 years to generally buy up property for an office space, gut it, and build it out from shopping around to doors open for something like an Amazon HQ, or longer. nothing is different. again, all words and conjectures. empty threats by one, empty threats by the other, promises by one, promises by the other, round and round the business dance goes...

what regulations have they reformed? what bills were passed into laws that reversed previous laws? hunting bear cubs during hibernating season? if its not an actual law, but rather an executive order... i'd be hard pressed to see a major corporation act on something that would cost hundreds of millions or billions that can be overturned the second a new president moves into the white house.

again... for the 5th time... yes businesses have confidence again, i agree with you. what actual policy has been put in place that has strengthened the economy that is not just somebody feeling more optimistic and therefore acting in a more positive manner because trump said something about america being great again, specifically by trump?

12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Hey, don't bring me into this :)
    In my opinion this is the Federal Reserve's recovery, with all that money printing and near zero interest rates it's got to go somewhere!

Sweatypants likes this.
  13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Was not the promise of tax cuts it was actually cutting the corporate tax rate.

I thought you meant he was giving those specific companies tax cuts.

It was a change in the law.

And they did not just promise.
    It's happening as we speak.

And I'm not sure where Harley-Davidson fits into that if you were not inferring that he hurt them somehow.

It's not like they've been a big player or a stable company anyway.

And I don't mind if you drink go for it!:D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You are trying really hard to find something to argue over. Cutting the corporate tax rate is a tax cut. Literally. And he did not just surprise them overnight after it was done. It was a promise before it was implemented. I really don't know what you're arguing over.

Let me worry about where Harley Davidson fits. All I asked you is whether they were at the roundtable you referenced or not. Again, I don't see what there is to argue. Fuck, if I ask you how the weather is where you are right now, are you going to argue over what I might be inferring before you answer? Damn. :crackup:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    SuddenBraking likes this.
  15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This is the problem with text.

I'm really not trying to argue at all.

Many times cities municipalities Etc wil give tax breaks to accompany specifically to get them to come and open up shop.

I thought that's what you were saying.

So no not trying to argue.

So just like you out of curiosity why bring up Harley-Davidson?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wondering if they could be as devious as to sit out there in front of cameras with Donald Trump, acting like they believed his policies would help them keep production in America, while they already knew they would be moving stuff overseas within months.

cav115 likes this.
  17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

That is a popular opinion.

Lets get together and drink sometime.

I would love to pick your brain......:D

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

1. Cut corporate tax rate.

2. do your own research....:D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well they have learned about overhead cams so they might be feeling a bit frisky.

cav115 likes this.
  20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Just watch them go now with this new technology....

Oh wait.....:crackup: