1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Is there no integrity left anymore?

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

NO, it is sold to the highest bidder as soon as the opportunity arises. (That is what is taught in schools and has been for years, Sell your soul for a few pieces of Silver, many believe they don't even have one, so there is nothing to lose)

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

All Republican witness requests denied.

go figure

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Be hilarious if McConnell used the same rules and denied Democrats all questions and admitted none of their 'evidence'.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if the Dem Senators brought any witnesses and subjected them to cross examination.

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Which is it?

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Not quite. Roberts would be in charge of running the trial, and if he were to be overturned, it would require a vote.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

The Clinton's and Obama set the standard.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes and it’s a mute point anyway.

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

who the F are you asking? We are not one person.

11. dsapsis

Copied for posterity.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yeah.

Hive mind belongs to the Democrats. :moon:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Count the votes. Can you hear me now. ;)

(feel free to copy this)

14. dsapsis

Go on, Leon!

moot
    /mo͞ot/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    1. 1.
      subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty.
      "whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point"

Similar:
      debatable

open to debate

open to discussion

arguable

questionable
      questionable whether any of these exceptions is genuine" data-hw="questionable" data-lb="" data-tae="false" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-url="/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS842US842&q=define+questionable&forcedict=questionable&dictcorpus=en-US">

at issue

open to question

open

doubtful

open to doubt

disputable

contestable

controvertible

problematic

problematical

controversial

contentious

vexed
      vexed question of exactly how much money the government is going to spend" data-hw="vexed" data-lb="" data-tae="false" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-url="/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS842US842&q=define+vexed&forcedict=vexed&dictcorpus=en-US">

disputed
      disputed with local poets" data-hw="dispute" data-lb="" data-tae="false" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-url="/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS842US842&q=define+dispute&forcedict=dispute&dictcorpus=en-US">

unresolved

unsettled

up in the air

undecided

yet to be decided

undetermined

unconcluded

2. 2.
      having little or no practical relevance, typically because the subject is too uncertain to allow a decision.
      "the whole matter is becoming increasingly moot"

15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance.

-Albert Einstein-

XFBO, R Acree and blkduc like this.
  16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think the Senate sets the rules and he oversees. However the key is 'hilarious' as it would be a bad idea. The most effective thing would be to start with every piece of 'evidence' the House submits and recall 100% of those interviewed and question them without Schiffless restrictions. And do so in public on the record under oath. Call the other people including Bidens, the lawyer, FBI, CIA and other vermin. And anyone that declares the fifth make them show up anyway and do so in public. Oh and give Trump full access via his lawyers to the process. Sunshine and proper process is the best cure.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You can't quote it if it doesn't make a sound...

G 97 likes this.
  18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You and many more expect absolute loyalty, honesty, character, etc from everyone in govt while Trump is president but want all of his bullshit to slide. You can't trade someone/anyone's version of greater good for honesty and integrity. The older I get the more I think the struggle of calling everyone on their bullshit and not letting anyone get their way is exactly how democracy should work and balance itself.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Expecting 100% honesty from anyone in the public eye is just silly. Integrity I expect moreso - but that's always going to be an opinion thing based on a lot of factors.

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Who, exactly, lets Trump slide? And on what? I see people calling out Trump for his dumbassedness on here frequently. But I also see people such as yourself want to take everything he says as absolute literal fact. Do you want everyone called out on EVERYTHING? Or only on the BIG stuff? Who makes the decision what qualifies as what?