1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If they had kicked out anyone on the Intelligence committee, that would have been something to get upset about. It is standard procedure that anyone that is on the committee that is holding the hearing can attend and ask questions. Others, not so much. This extends into subcommittees as well where anyone on the committee can come in and ask questions at the subcommittee hearing even if they are not on that specific subcommittee. Others outside the committee are generally not allowed. THe majority can typically make an exception if they want and it sounds like they did. Welcome to being in the majority. There were plenty of Republicans in the room to listen and ask questions.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"AMAZING Discovery: People with shit to hide, like to work in the shadows and behind closed doors"
    More @ 11

brex and kangasj like this.
  3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ya cause the house of representatives impeaches....well, not all of the house of representatives. Gaetz isn't privy to their secretive meetings...... We don't need no damn transparency while we're attempting a coup!

Britt likes this.
  4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The left doesn't believe in transparency.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Politicians don't believe in it - especially in their meetings. Doesn't matter which side. Either way, this dude had no business being allowed in that room. His whining is just stupid.

Newsshooter and Champer like this.
  6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Any evidence they find that isn't classified would need to be presented to the entire house before a vote on articles of impeachment. I believe that any Republican in that committee can request and get a transcript with the classified information redacted (assuming there is any classified information). At the moment the investigation is in a classified behind closed door session and I am fine with that given that the folks testifying are generally intelligence and state department assets. As long as any representative in the Intelligence Committee is welcome to attend and ask questions that is fine with me. With that said, there is a problem with selective leaks. Nothing should get leaked. A redacted transcript should be published when available and that is it.

The problem is that no one gets punished if the Democrats leak because they of course control the committees that would do the punishing. That is nothing new to congress or the Democrats. The Republicans do the same crap when they are in charge.

Champer likes this.
  7. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

You're right - Gaetz, and plenty of other people, Republican / Democrat / Independent / You / Me, were not privy to this meeting.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They promised transparency and deliver opacity.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And yet Nadler is privy to the information..... because he is on the intelligence committee......oh wait. Oh and let's just forget that under every other impeachment an impeachment was conducted in the Judiciary Committee (on which he sets). Then lastly consider leaking from the committee is an ethics violation except when you are Schiff.

But hey THIS time lets follow precedent and rules for this banana republic secret trial lynching. :Pop:

kangasj and Spang308 like this.
  10. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Wrong republicans did an impeachment and they followed precedent I remember it was exhausting just end on a wet willy. They also paid for it in following election. What is this secretive bs. Also think this is going to come back on them next election too.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

These are literally kangaroo court hearings being done completely in secrecy. Elected criminals are attempting to steal this country from the people. ALL Americans are the victim, regardless of party.

This is a coup and anyone supporting it disgusts me.

kangasj, Quicktoy, speeddaddy and 3 others like this.
  12. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Ya I’m sick of it. I want media people to pay more then Schiff. Because if they would do their real job, this would never have gotten off the ground. If the media spent equal time on both sides of the argument all momentum would be gone. People would not fall for it. But it’s hard when you say read this article read this article then go research what they say in those 2 articles then talk to me. Average person says why the news is telling me that’s all a conspiracy. In my opinion they are liable for the whole mess.

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Then tell Nadlicker to beat it also.

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I don't understand why republicans would go along with any of this. The whole thing is fake so why not ignore it? I've seen a couple interviewed that said they want to fight and bring it all to light. I'm not sure why they think playing the game is going to do that...just ignore them!

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

There was also non-presidential impeachments that also followed traditional process.

gixxerreese likes this.
  16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Because they are fake. The GOP does not have his back. Their fear of the deplorables, who now own the GOP, keeps them from abandoning him. Trump stands alone, no doubt.

Quicktoy and Britt like this.
  17. Champer

I had heard that Gaetz was just trying to meet Captain Kangaroo, and he is just upset because he didn't get to.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/watch-trey-gowdy-on-why-he-had-to-give-darrell-issa-the-boot
    As long as we're equally upset with everyone then I'm good.

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

19. Champer

Because it's a fake conspiracy so the rules are only like 98% enforced

gixxerreese likes this.
  20. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member