1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

She wasn't a lifetime politician but that one congresswoman resigned after the pics of her showed up. Katie Hill....I think..

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Supposed to be of him and that Buck guy with some black dude doing some sick shit or something. There was a link to a story about the pics in a previous post...3005 by IYC

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

The fact that she wasn’t a lifer is kinda my point. They still had/have a life to live outside of DC. Lifers know nothing else, and have learned they answer for nothing.

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Barry
    Blagojevich (spelling?)
    Yee
    Weiner
    the CO reps that were impeached due to their unconstitutional gunlaw votes
    Hill
    Menendez almost got justice
    There were some recent ones that escape me right now

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

High crimes and misdemeanors is just the catch phrase the Dems stick with, I assume because it polled high.

If I ever go to trial, I sure hope catch phrases are used instead of actual criminal charges...

Here's what I don't get. You are obviously a smart guy, and I'd bet a dollar to a dime smarter than me. It just bewilders me to see you so stupid on this topic. You are acting just like Schiff and company, wishing it were true instead of basing it on facts. I just don't get it? I will give you this, unlike Schiff and company you actually pointed to a violation, albeit a wrong one, but at least you put something out there other than a catch phrase.

6. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

Without having a copy in front of me, I seem to recall that 'high crimes and misdemeanors' is the text in the Constitution for which a President can be impeached. Not a catch phrase.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I think that you are correct, BUT, that is a catch all for the many SPECIFIC felonies, etc. that are too numerous to list. I don't think it was intended that "high crimes" is an actual crime. LOL

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

“High crimes and misdemeanors” is the category of offenses a president can be charged with and brought to impeachment.

What offenses fail within that category? Which of those offenses is Trump alleged to have committed?

So yeah, it’s a catch phrase. A rallying cry for useless idiots.

9. DonTZ125

Oh, I'm not suggesting that Trump has done anything to warrant this ongoing fiasco. Just noting that the phrase in question is part of the text of the Constitution, not something coined by a talking head.

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

But the text is "Treason, Bribery, High Crimes and Misdemeanors" and should be taken in the same context or magnitude of offense.

11. DonTZ125

Are you thus comparing treason to a misdemeanor?

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yes, there is legal precedent for the interoperation of phrases that all must be akin to each other.

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Well I’ll be damned. There ARE some

14. pickled egg

We then get into the Oxford comma, or lack thereof.

Is “high crimes and misdemeanors” one thing, or two?

stk0308 likes this.
  15. pickled egg

And while we’re at it, wouldn’t the use of “and” require one be guilty of all the offenses? Otherwise, it would be “or”, no?

16. DonTZ125

So in order to be impeached and removed, he has to commit treason, accept a bribe, murder someone, and be ticketed for jaywalking!

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Nope.

18. DonTZ125

I was replying to 'Egg's comment about the word 'and' in the list of impeachables.

19. pickled egg

Answering that question is beyond my pay grade.

I just pose the questions.

As the brilliant prior impeached president once posited, it depends on the definition of “is”.

20. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Sept 30 is End of Fiscal year , so that's not the date that I am referring to. That date is what really started applying pressure and questions were being asked. I remember hearing that date and wasn't really paying attention to what they were speaking of.

Obama withheld money 7 times? Ok so say your accounting is true. De he go through proper procedures to notify them of the with holding of funds. It's really simple. If Obama did the very same thing and didn't notify congress and went through the same steps Trump has this entire time. BOTH of them have broken the law. It's really that simple.

If that's what he said he was going to send then that's what he was going to send. You changing the argument to "well Trump gave them something of actual substance" I wasn't aware what he sent them was the argument here?

Should and are tend to be two different things. I hope they vote Trump Criminal ass out.
    The sham part i'm not seeing but ok.