1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True hero....period.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by prospected, Jan 9, 2016.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If they reserved the death penalty for cases like this where everyone with functioning eyes can see the crime, it might be a far less controversial form of punishment. And that shit could be done swiftly too.

But back on topic, I hope the officer makes a 100% recovery from his injuries.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    Metalhead likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This is the "Islamist" nobody seems wiling to talk about, yet is extremely likely to commit acts of terror. There are tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of them who've converted in prison. They absolutely hate America but blend in completely.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You mean that's not a sleek Syrian refugee who took an American name after crossing from Mexico?

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

California tries to reserve it for only the worst assholes. Defendants are only eligible for death if they meet "special circumstances" criteria. That hasn't done anything to improve the process. I'm all for streamlining it and expeditiously executing only the most heinous criminals. It doesn't work like that in practice as it's still mired in bullshit. Of course voter initiatives added in a bunch of stupidity as well.

http://www.shouselaw.com/special-circumstances-murder-california.html

6. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Why'd he shoot that poor black kid in the back while he was running away, he was not a threat while fleeing. For Christ sakes, he's another Michael Brown. #blacklivesmatter
    I'm guessing the poor kid was headed to the mosque to attend a RFKA dance party/Bernie Sanders townhall meeting to discuss the minimum wage and how it effects the young black Muslim community when the cop pulled up and yelled at him to get out of the intersection. Of course feeling threatened he pulled out his legally obtained 9mm glock, which he had a CCW permit for, and decided to pop a cap in his ass.

I shure hope Sharpton and the DoJ step in. This could have been one of Barack's sons. Sad really.

crashman and speeddaddy like this.
  7. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

The sad part is, the gun used was stolen from a fellow police officer's home in 2013

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm sure the lesson we should take from this is more gun laws.

9. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

Well, that's what happens when we keep letting them go....

The man who is suspected of opening fire on a Philadelphia Police officer in West Philly late Thursday night pleaded guilty in 2013 to an armed assault that had taken place a few blocks away the year prior — however a plea deal kept him out of prison. …

Archer was tracked down by police in 2013 and faced bevy of charges that included aggravated assault, conspiracy, terroristic threats, simple assault and others that involved firearms. He pleaded guilty last year to carrying a gun without a license, a third-degree felony, and simple assault, a second-degree misdemeanor.

According to court documents, Archer was sentenced to nine to 13 months in prison, was allowed to count time served and was paroled. Records show he was arrested April 14, 2013 and was released April 30, 2013 after posting partial bail. (That's 16 days served for an assault with a fire arm)

10. June-yer

Since the Glock 9 mm was stolen from police (most likely via burglary), would the seller (assuming Archer didn't steal it himself) obtain the necessary gun show loophole background check?

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Good thing he didn't try to protect his land by setting a back burn. That is a far more heinous crime that must come with prison time.

12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Hero? Sounds like a guy who got really lucky to get shot in the arm and then shot the guy back in his ass. Glad he's okay and the bad guy got caught, but I wouldn't call the dude a hero.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was interesting. It seems that just about the only thing that doesn't qualify as a special circumstance is shooting your wife or the guy is banging her.

Gotta make room in jail for drug users somehow. :rolleyes:

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    Shouldn't the term "hero" be reserved for someone who does something heroic? I am glad the cop is going to recover but what he did was survive.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think the truth is somewhere in between. He may not have jumped on top of a grenade, but he also got out of his car to try to get the guy. I wouldn't have blamed him for driving himself to the nearest hospital as soon as possible.

16. June-yer

:stupid:

17. June-yer

Need bigger hot boxes.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And likely due to a vest.

Like you, glad his wounds were superficial and the assbag is in custody.

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Right, because you two guys would have also instinctively jumped out of your unit and gave chase in an attempt to stop the sick fuck from getting away and possibly shoot/kill someone else.

I'm usually not a big fan of that word being thrown around but when it can be attached to a girly dude, these days, and stick ..... to a bunch of folks anyhow, yea I think I'll let this incident slide. As someone else said, he could have just as easily stomped on the gas and hightailed straight to the ER instead of getting out and attempt a foot pursuit while you think you're bleeding out.