1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck opinions again....

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Aug 24, 2016.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Saw the same truck in black today in traffic, thought it looked awesome. Congrats!

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The had a ton in black that had all the options I wanted but I just couldn't go with another black truck. My shop has a gravel lot and my black tundra always looked like shit.

3. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

I have 2014 toyota tunda 4.6L. So far only 30k miles, but Toyota's will last forever with regular maintenance. I got T boned by a Mitsubishi a month ago, guy ran a red light. He totaled his car, the front end got smashed, as for my truck just a dent on the left side rear bed panel. Built great. I can also tow a 10x12 trailer with 3 bikes, generator and all our gear. Could also put a couple dirt bikes in the back as well with no problem.

4. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Was chatting with a magazine reviewer last week about the one he was driving. He was loving it so far. Was telling me the whole story behind Nissan getting the baby Cummins. The guy who designed the Dodges was so annoyed that they decided to use the fiat motor over the cummins that he quit and went to Nissan and convinced them to get back in the full size truck business and brought them the Cummins deal.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

They owe you until you are paid for your total loss.
    Any time you speak with them repeat these 3 things. Bad faith, attorney, state insurance commisioner. At the end of every conversation ask them to recap via email informing them it is so you can forward to 2 of the 3 above. You'll be amazed how things change.

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Finally got some good photos!

PATBAROK, jd96, dsmitty37 and 3 others like this.
  7. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Very nice! Let us know how you like it after a while.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That looks really good. I know many say a Nissan vehicle isn't as good as a Toyota or Honda, but I've owned and liked multiple Nissan, Honda, and Toyota products. I will say the lower cost of entry on my Frontier vs. Tacoma years ago, definitely made me happy with that decision.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Frontier frames don't have a massive problem with frames rusting out from under them like Tacomas do either.

10. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Man im jealous, i should have just bought one in August.

They reduced September incentives to like 5500?, down from 9500. I was hoping they would start offering 12.5 on the 2016s... fml. I really dont want to wait until October to see what the new discounts would be. I might cave and go buy an ecoboost.

Cant decide if Ill end up hating myself for it afterwards.

11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Good rebates on the XD this weekend. One local dealer is knocking over $11k off sticker on remaining 2016s. I'd get one if I could talk my wife into driving the Sequoia.

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I went with the Nissan. By The time I bought mine even including the 100k bumper to bumper extended warranty I was paying about the same as I would for a Toyota Tundra. With all the innovations on the Nissan that made it a better dollar value for me. Plus I got a diesel which Toyota doesn't offer.

13. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Interested for fuel millage around town. Buddy had an 08 we towed a 22ft trailer all over with. 150k on it and besides a rear diff gears it's been good.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I'll let you know when it gets broken in a little. Right now getting 11.8.

15. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Hate that center console....that is a road head blocker for sure!! LOL

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That was one nice thing about the Ram, bench seating. ;)

nhammond54 likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I guess I'm getting old, that probably wouldn't have crossed my mind. LOL

XFBO likes this.
  18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I have the same middle console on my Ram, no bench seating in the front in the Laramie/ Limited trims.

19. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I bet with a very mild tune you can get a lot more than the 310 hp and 555 torque out of the 5.0l V8 Cummins, those are very conservative numbers for a modern diesel IMHO.

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That's strange the 2016 Laramie I had for a rental had a bench seat.