Triumph Daytona 765 Moto2 Limited Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Shocker, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Oh wow, that could lead to a whole mess of bitching.

Even just some mild motor work, a filter, and some MR12 could throw it well over 150hp. And it has always been the lightest MW bike.

We know the 675R has won multiple times, this thing will be a weapon.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

So what are you waiting for?

3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

A little underwhelming.... Haven`t ridden one , but specs not that impressive for the price.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yall keep talking about people racing these things, but if i remember correctly, arent these just limited editions with small production runs, only a handful of which will likely even make it to the states? Seems like the same as expecting people to show up on a desmosedici or h2r or something. :confused:

stk0308 likes this.
  5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

765 for EU
    765 for NA

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I have to agree.

I’m a past Daytona 675 owner and love these bikes. However, for roughly the same money, I’d probably shop an MV. No Triumph can compare to this sexy bitch.

886AC0B4-C3AD-4302-980D-1A8E73C7E473.jpeg

vizsladog, KneeDragger_c69 and Senna like this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Where's your nearest dealer and approximate wait time for MV Corse' parts?

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

For ~25yrs, I’ve patronized my preferred dealer ~4hrs away (no way the closest), for Ducati and Triumph stuff. Working with them on an MV Agusta is NBD to me.

Wait time on parts? I’ve no idea. But, I survived the Cagiva years of Ducati, so not a huge deal for me.

9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

When I worked at a small shop more than 15 years ago, our phrase for MV parts was "Eternal Backorder"

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  10. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Has MV fixed the sprag clutch issue?

11. We've already hashed this out earlier in the thread, but I strongly disagree.

Go buy any MW bike and try to get 135hp out of the motor, then add quality Ohlins suspension, up/down quickshifter, plus a Brembo MC and Stylema calipers, and see how much money you have it in. It will be WAY over $17k...and it will still be heavier than this Triumph, and won't make anywhere near the same torque.

On the contrary, for what you are getting, I think it is a good deal.

cav115 and Rogue4 like this.
  12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Ya’ll take it easy we don’t want gorilla Joe here putting deposits on all 765 of them. :D

418, younglion and Gorilla George like this.
  13. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Ride one. Hell, I have two race prepped 675’s that you can try.

The 765 is very solid and getting 135/62 out of it in basically stock form is pretty good. The electronics are something I wish mine had!

I looked at the bike at the “Best of British” Triumph show here in Pittsburgh....... was seriously thinking about putting $500 down on one since it appears all of my spares (wheels, etc) would be useable

cav115 and ducnut like this.
  14. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

My dealer told me the 765R will be $21k roughly. They aren't even ordering one

15. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Just be very very careful about that part and the 200:)

ducnut likes this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That seems foolish. They’d sell it to someone somewhere. With the oil money around there and proximity to DFW, it’s a no-brainer to me.

17. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

What is the likelihood that after this initial Limited Edition run they start making a regular Daytona 765 for the masses that replaces the 675?

18. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

Pricing was confirmed weeks ago. I have a buy order from Triumph at $17,500.

stk0308 and ducnut like this.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s what they’re saying at their BoB shows, as well.

20. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

DFW isn't having any trouble selling them. European CycleSports has 8 deposits so far. I highly doubt they're even able to get that many bikes. They're not even the main euro dealer in the area.

ducnut likes this.