1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trends in the world of idtios...

Discussion in 'General' started by 976-FIZR, Apr 25, 2011.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

2. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I always thought it was your obligation that if the left lane was open, to merge over to let the person coming down the onramp into the right lane. On the contrary, if you are exiting a cloverleaf style ramp, the person coming onto the highway has the right away (as they should be accelerating), so you are supposed to slow down and get behind them, not gas it, throw it in front of them, and slam on the brakes for the exit. That one kills me.

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I have enough hate for 12 billion easy.

Hate builds on hate, until you have run-a-way hate reaction.

I just worry about my apathy counteracting my hate. I normally cure that by walking into Wally World.

Which reminds me. Last time I was in WW I asked them when the Miley Cyrus sex tape comes out. They had no idea what I was talking about...but she's got to be close to 18 and eventually were going to see her doing the nasty. I guess I'm not a VIP at Wally World.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The lane that does not end has the right of way (in this case, traffic already on the interstate).

5. Karl_L

Karl_L Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should have used a sarcasm smiley. On the bike I give them plenty of room but in the car (that I don't care about) I will usually refuse to yield. But they have learned that if they refuse to even look in the mirror, and I can see that they are not looking, then it's yield or let them hit me. And I haven't gone that far. Yet.

If you have your signal on, or if you give me a hand signal, or even a look that seems to be asking for room then I have no problem yielding my right of way.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I was sitting here with my mouth open thinking "no wonder the guy brake checked me, he thought he had the right of way. I'm surrounded by idtios.".

:D

7. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

My mistake...I've met too many cops with that exact attitude so it kinda set me off a bit. Kinda like how they won't "allow" you to get our of your car while they have you pulled over...what's that about other then unlawful detainment...

Forgive my lack of knowledge here? I've used the word bafoons for years, how does it relate to an urban dictionary insult?....i don't get it...

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The word is buffoon. Urban dictionary is the only listing I could find for bafoon.

9. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

thus i have proven myself a buffoon by using the word bafoon... or at least a sucky speller

dude you respond too damn quick....my computer doesn't refresh that quick...

10. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

The Acree IS the matrix. Better find Morpheus quick.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Which lane has a Yield sign?

12. Karl_L

Karl_L Well-Known Member

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're taking about the nutjob on the highway and not my racing skills. :D

I think getting over to the left is a courtesy and it protects you from an unknown driver, but I wouldn't call it a "responsibility." Merging traffic does not have the right of way.

I guess they didn't pay attention in shcool :D

Sorry, I really coudn't resist.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The one I'm not in and the other guy is. :D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Search the yootoobz for "texas trooper shot at point blank" for the answer to your question.

15. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I understand that. But if possible, why not make a simple adjustment to help traffic flow better. I think this explains my view on it well (taken from: http://www.safemotorist.com/articles/intersections.aspx) :

"All drivers have a responsibility to adjust their speed in order to allow gaps for merging traffic. If drivers properly space their following distance, these adjustments will be minor and highly effectual to the smooth flow of traffic. If you are traveling in the right lane and you approach a freeway onramp, you should be aware that other traffic may try to merge either in front of you or behind you. If you can, it is best to move out of the right lane to allow these vehicles easier entrance."

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Never do that. Not seriously, at least. :D

Here is my take. If conditions are busy and someone is actively engaged in trying to merge, I'll back off or move over and help them out. If a driver can't be bothered to accelerate to road speed while on the ramp or even look to see if there is traffic on the road before they try to merge, I'll show them the same courtesy they are showing everyone else.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

What ever happened to driving defensively?

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The best defense is a good offense. At least thats what we were told in hockey....:D

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Really? You have a problem remaining in your car during a traffic stop? If it's not burning to the ground or doesn't contain a bomb, why do you need to get out? It's for your safety so you don't get clipped by oncoming traffic, and for theirs so guys don't get out of the car blasting.

I understand cops are not popular with most people but some folks just take it way too damn far. Seriously, staying your ass in the car for 15 minutes is unlawful detainment? :rolleyes: Jeebus, you really that insecure? "The cop told me to stay in my car!! He can't do that!! Where's my lawyer!! What an outrage!!"

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  20. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I'm not speaking of merging into a good traffic flow, but more of the 10mph bumper to bumper traffic. Trying to merge into Atlanta rush hour traffic is the same as trying to back out of a parking space at the grocery stores in Atlanta, no one is willing to let you in or out. You can sit there with your turn signal on, but will just be ignored, which you have to nudge your way in after the last 5 cars sped up on you to not let you in, then that driver gets all pissy. Pulling out of the grocery store parking spot, you can be halfway out of the spot and douchebags will still try and drive around you. Is it seriously going to kill you to be a little considerate? That's what gets me.