1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trends in the world of idtios...

Discussion in 'General' started by 976-FIZR, Apr 25, 2011.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:

I run a fair bit and my knees cant tell the difference between asphalt and concrete even wearing the barefoot shoes. In real running shoes? Not a chance.

2. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Interesting, the entrance ramp I take always gets jammed up because people like to block people from getting over, as if it's a race or something. Maybe if people were considerate and would leave some space for people to merge, they wouldn't have to push their way in. :Poke: :D

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The NFL probably holds the rights to that. :D

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Good ole Farragut gangstas. :D

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Why are you thanking them if it's their job? ;)

I almost always responde to a "thank you" with "no problem". Sometimes I use "anytime". :up:

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What makes you the citizens' traffic enforcer? :p

Actually the left lane is for passing, if you aren't passing someone then you shouldn't be in it.

I don't mind someone doing the limit in the "fast" lane if they are passing and that doesn't mean passing a car a half a mile ahead. :D

Of course then there's those that come up on your bumper in the fast lane so you move over then they don't pass. Pisses me off worst than the left lane campers. :down:

7. sowega

sowega #710

You know who I hate?

You.

8. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

And that's the point I was trying to make.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Nothing better than watching them come out and see a big old rusty jacked up Blazer painted OD green with a paintbrush parked diagonally right next to their Corvette. :D

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

You know what they say about assumptions... :moon:

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

I can only imagine. I get coffee early in the morning at McDonalds...

...but I sometimes venture there later in the day.

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Germany has the best left lane law in the world (at least it was like this in 1983)....

if you are in the left lane and the car behind you flashes his lights and you don't move over, the car that didn't get out of the way is liable for whatever accident occurs.

I remember driving a Scirroco that did maybe 110 in the left lane when I saw a flash in my rear view way behind me. I could barely get out of the way as a BMW M1 rocketed past me.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not even remotely close to what I said but anyway...

14. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Vehicles have turn signals for a reason....USE THEM, don't expect me to guess that your gonna turn left, in front of me..:mad:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Teenagers who dress up as superheros in public and I'm not talking about a convention. Hey geek, dressing as the green lantern is NOT going to get you chicks. and maybe you should put a gym sock in you jock, you're showing you have a small weiner.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Teenagers? At least they have that as an excuse. There are full-grown-ass adults dressing up like superheroes on days that are not Halloween.

17. "Maybe if people were considerate and would leave some space for people to merge, they wouldn't have to push their way in. "

Why should I get over since I'm already on the superslab and you're trying to get on and are "merging" into traffic? It's totally a yield situation for you, not me. You see a gap use the ramp - it's an ACCLERATION' lane and get'er done. Can't get a gap, slow down to find one and merge. Don't get a gap by the end, stop! Many ramps in big cities make you stop and find a gap before merging into traffic.
    I do generally move temporaily to the left lane when possible to assist you in merging, as a courtesy, but it's not an obligation.

Merge:
    : to cause to combine, unite, or coalesce
    3: to blend gradually by stages that blur distinctions
    intransitive verb
    1: to become combined into one
    2: to blend or come together without abrupt change <merging traffic>

yield verb \ˈyēld\
    Definition of YIELD
    transitive verb
    1archaic : recompense, reward
    2: to give or render as fitting, rightfully owed, or required

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Papa, we're not talking 13, more like 19 and getting his ass kicked often.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Had that happen to me last yr. on the way to the track. Plenty of signs and distance to get over, asshole stays over in the left lane till he realized the traffic in front of him was stopped. Darts over in front of me then stops ! I'm towing a 35' toyhauler, piled on the brakes, swerved onto the right shoulder, when I got stopped I was half way up the length of his car. If I hadn't been able to swerve around him he would have had a F350 bumper touching the back of his seat. :down:

I'm glad I walk across the road to work, I can see why people get road rage. :wow:

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Had a guy try and force a merge last night. He was about to eat barrels when he realized that his car was smaller than mine and he wasn't going to intimidate his way in. No one behind me would let him either.