1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trackday Liability ??????

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by ATFULLEAN, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

Seems some can only go to personal insults rather than address points. Being that you seem to be one of those, I'll speak in a language you can understand- go fuck yourself, tough guy.

That'll be the extent of my response to posts like that.

Something as simple as a call or check in at the hospital probably would have been enough to avoid this entire thread. Some indication that they gave a shit their employee screwed up, anyway. Understand, I'm not advocating law suits or even compensation for anything. Just an indication someone higher up was aware of the situation and gave a shit.

I know the rules. I know I may end any day with a trip to the hospital and a pile of useless twisted metal for a bike. I'm cool with that. But if it were a CR that took me out? Yeah, I'd be a little extra annoyed.

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Are control riders held to a higher standard because they take their time and gas and tires to help other riders out? Believe me, nobody's even breaking even being a control rider / instructor. All of them that I know, including myself, do it because they love the sport. I understand that some who have posted on this thread think that the appropriate thing for a CR to do is, at the least, send a card or go to the hospital and apologize. The problem with that... after reading this entire thread, is the fear of some sue-happy squid coming after the CR legally and then waving the apology around as some type of admission of liability.

Damn. You can't win.

On track incidents DO happen. Regardless of experience or skill level. I think you should happily assume the risk when you get on the track.

3. Redbird

No, they're held to a higher standard because with authority comes responsibility. The last person anyone should have to worry about on track is a CR.

You have a point, and that hadn't occurred to me. I blame the lawyers.

4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

What if the lawyer was a control rider.

:D

5. bblath

bblath Guest

its internet tough GIRL. get it straight.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Case Dismissed...

7. :up:

8. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

Gotcha! :crackup:

9. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Not many people around here know about that... shut it. :p

10. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

I see absolutely no problem with that at all. In fact if one of my CRs had taken someone out they had better dam sure follow up and make sure the dude was ok. As would I.

11. Redbird

My apologies. Go fuck yourself, tough GIRL. ;)

12. sokali

sokali Well-Known Member

:Pop:

13. bblath

bblath Guest

14. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

Please dont ever sue a track or a track day org! Our sport is already hard enough. The track is a very unpredictable place and ANYTHING can happen. You have to know this every time you put on ur gear.

15. Idsmokeu2

Idsmokeu2 Well-Known Member

Looks like my leg... i broke my femur as well..

16. Idsmokeu2

Idsmokeu2 Well-Known Member

BTW my track day organization leader checked up on me.. Even though it was my fault, due to terrible brake fade. needless to say I now have SS brake lines :)