1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy hauler towing experience with a 1500

Discussion in 'General' started by MVA25, Jun 15, 2019.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I saw that! Do you think there’s more to that story?

I showed my buddy (a longtime tech) that post and we looked at his frame. Sure enough, he has those same holes in his frame. The only thing we can think is a crumple zone for rearend impacts. I mentioned those could be part of the reason for the chassis shudder, when I pulled my trailer. Pretty alarming stuff.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah. He should’ve gotten a dually :D

ducnut likes this.
  3. Chonchito

Chonchito Active Member

Borrowed a friends GMC 2500 diesel for a month while my 7.3 was getting fresh motor and tranny. Drove me crazy that the steering wheel wasn’t centered correctly thought it was just that particular truck.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. 418

418 Expert #59

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Optimized Consumer Demand? It's really only one rule combining two elements.
    "You sell crap, I buy elsewhere."
    :D

ducnut likes this.
  7. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Went and drove the new AT4 and now my back is wrecked from the centred steering wheel!

In all seriousness, I didn’t even notice it when I jumped back in my 2015 and I didn’t even know about it until I read it on here years ago. 3rd gm truck and never noticed.

ducnut likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You buying it?

Followed one, yesterday.

tjnyzf likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm on my 15th-20th GM truck, and there's another 40-50 in my family and friends. I never knew about it, never heard anyone say anything about it.

DWhyte91 likes this.
  10. DWhyte91

Trying to work out the details. I might end up having to order one as supply is apparently limited up here as I was saying. Felt like I was driving my 3/4t size wise but rode like a 1/2t. Sure doesn’t have an Allison tranny in it though.

ducnut likes this.
  11. DWhyte91

When I tell people that also drive GM trucks they look at me like I have three heads.

12. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah that shouldn’t be a problem then.

FWIW there was a guy pitted across from me at Summit Point last weekend who had a toy hauler he was towing with an F-150 ecoboost. Said the empty weight was 6000 lb and loaded with all his stuff was probably at least 7500. He also said he was averaging 12 mpg which is pretty damn good!

MVA25 likes this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Just think....there's people on here currently on meds because it bothers them so much.

Greenhound386 and Phl218 like this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This.

15. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Truck threads are hysterical. Ever go in the Comments section on Facebook for a truck ad? 99% negative comments, and that's not an exaggeration.

It always surprises me how invested people get in a brand that they don't like. Chevy dudes in the Ford ads talking shit, and vice versa. I hate mayonnaise, but I ain't hopping in every effin' mayonnaise discussion to tell people how much I hate it and why they should agree with me.

ducnut and Laz like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

I like them all for different things. Long term preference for comfort for me driving has always been Ford Superduty but the others have good trucks too.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You don't like mayo!!! That's just freakin nuts, you should see a psychiatrist :Poke:

pscook likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mayo is icky.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're not supposed to eat it with a spoon out of the jar. :D

On some things, quality mayo can be pretty good.

20. Truckintom

Truckintom New Member

Old dog here,I have had many different breeds of trucks, first was a 1949 International KB series,it took me some time to save up the $65 dollars to buy it,it was a tough n ugly truck, being young it just did not go fast enough for me,I found a crashed n rolled Olds big block car,transplanted the drive line into the International,it was too fast then,but a lot of fun. Wish I had ole ugly back now.

Yzasserina likes this.