1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To address John Cooks misinformation on facetubes...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Ever been driving and realized you missed a turn and you have no idea where tf you are anymore? That's me in this thread this morning lol.
    Coffee, low hanging old man berries, ugly cars, ... wait what

flygirl, rcarson15, rk97 and 5 others like this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

My mother also drinks "only one cup of coffee" a day. I about had a stroke when I sipped the first cup she made for me. I make my own coffee now when I visit her. :cool:

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

:crackup:My mom is the same way.

First time I made coffee at her house - she yelled "how many scoops of coffee did you use?!?"

Her's is like hot water someone dipped a brown crayon in.

R/T Performance likes this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

C'mon 5:00!

Funkm05 and Gorilla George like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How old? Do hippies hacky sack with your happy sacks? Do you need a little cart to place your man taters in so they don't drag behind you on the ground? When you build cars in the online configurer are they always white and you avoid black interiors because your nuts hang outta your shorts and you're afraid of burning your tackle berries on the seats?

R/T Performance, drop and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Um, like...wow.

7. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Dude.... wholly crap - where do you come up with this stuff? I wasn't going to have a second cup of coffee today but now I think I need one.....

R/T Performance likes this.
  8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Coming late as I have been redoing bikes and the trailer but I am crushed to hear that WERA is going bankrupt..... oh wait.....
    All kidding aside I hope you made a ton of money as no one else works for free :flag: Fees are reasonable and most people suck at math or they would realize that going racing involves all kinds of costs and gate and entry fees are the least of it.
    Tires
    Transporter gas and wear and tear
    Bike gas
    Gear (prorated over expected lifetime)
    Bike (prorated over expected lifetime)
    Food
    Lodging (even if it is prorating on a tent)
    Tools (prorated over expected lifetime)

And I am sure the list goes on. Not complaining as I wish I was 30 and in better shape again :Pop:

R/T Performance and panthercity like this.
  9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Tires - Race Vintage a set will last all season
    Transporter gas and wear and tear - Have a smaller setup, a Death Star is not mandatory
    Bike gas - No argument in that one
    Gear (prorated over expected lifetime) - No argument in that one
    Bike (prorated over expected lifetime) - Race Vintage
    Food - Bring your own
    Lodging (even if it is prorating on a tent) - No argument in that one
    Tools (prorated over expected lifetime) - Look after them and they might well outlast you
    :D

Phl218, ToofPic and VFR#52 like this.
  10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Only if you buy 10mm sockets and box/open wrenches buy the gross.

VFR#52 and sheepofblue like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Can't find it anywhere but someone posted up the funniest meme a few months back. Typical creeper van but instead of saying "free candy inside" it had "free 10mm sockets inside" badly written on the side.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    panthercity and VFR#52 like this.
  12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I agree with that, racing is expensive as hell no matter how you slice it.
    The only fee that bugs me (just because of how backwards it is) is the Barber "camping" fee for RV's.

13. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

And then..... You, as the organizer, get a bill 3 days later because the racers/spectators tore up the bathroom and left trash/tires/fuel cans behind....

panthercity likes this.
  14. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

but we don't camp. the RV is to haul the bike to the track only.

t500racer likes this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I still have my '02 RC51, so Vintage and if tires last a season you did one event or are a LOT slower than me which would suck for you cause I am slow. And my death star has A/C in Alabama... and I am old so don't be dissing the star.

Certainly there is ways to save there always is. When I was little Mom made our leathers (naugahyde from the woopie bowl, hell yeah!). But all activities cost money in some ways. Pick them and get on with it. Oh and the top sentence was FAR more important than this section. It just grinds me when I hear someone whine about event fees and totally ignore the stuff which for many costs as much or more.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I could be wrong but I think she was saying that her mom's coffee has pretty high viscosity, not the other way around.

17. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Did you mean to insult every other fast racer since you didn't list them in your post? Don't you think Metal is fast?

PS. for those that missed the GNF R3 rant.

ToofPic, JJJerry and Gorilla George like this.
  18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You're not. Same difference. A single cup of coffee covers a lot of ground.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Trevor, as long as you are around I wanted to conduct a bit of marketing research if you have a minute. When your nuts are hanging low do you prefer to sort of drag them behind you like santa or do you prefer to have them out in front of you like randy marsh?
    I'm thinking of manufacturing a new and interesting product. I call it the Testicart.

20. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Santa all the way.