1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To address John Cooks misinformation on facetubes...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

then thems the breaks. Life sucks.
    Eff you Pay, me.

But if licensed riders could have a few free entries it would be cool. Isnt going to stop me from racing again next year.

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Making up more shit already, eh? Nowhere in that post does he say he wants to kick your ass. Keep trying to play the innocent victim card. It’s going smashingly for you.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's just it though - it wouldn't be anything free. Our customers have to pay the expenses just like any business and the racers are our customers. So if we give free gate fees we have to add to the entry fees. It's just smoke and mirrors.

R/T Performance, Chino52405 and obcbr like this.
  4. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

To expedite registration, what about digitized registration, via iPad or similar? You walk up, enter your racer ID, race weekend pops up, then pay with CC or PayPal, which can be tied to your CC. Less manpower at registration. Then Tech can have one iPad which lists all racers who've registered. Moreover, the racer is emailed a copy if their registration and can show that at tech.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd need three full sets of equipment (plus spares) and pay for the programming. Not an expense we could justify right now. The last two laptops I've bought mainly for racing have been bought with my money from my paychecks.

R/T Performance and obcbr like this.
  6. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

You're right, it was 3 pages back. Problem with evolving social media is you only know the story from where you jumped in. But you were quick on the trigger I'll give you that.......

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...oks-misinformation-on-facetubes.353216/page-9

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - I would love to automate it more, although I am leery of putting more control in the riders hands after what I see with the online pre entry and mistakes that are made :D

5axis and obcbr like this.
  8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Another try. Another made up bullshit fail. I’ve re-read every single post RB has made in this thread. Not in a single one, your link included, does he threaten to kick your ass.

Seriously. You REALLY suck at this innocent victim stuff. Or maybe it’s just reading comprehension you suck at. Or maybe it’s just thinking you suck at. Don’t know you beyond your posts here, but I’ll say it again ... just go away dude. You continue to prove that you’ll make shit up and try to spin it to suit you. Just makes both Sean and Trevor that much more credible.

I would say I’ll see you at the track, but that would be a lie, and you would then try to spin it as I’m threatening to kick your ass. :rolleyes:

mastermind and r6boater like this.
  9. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

No kidding. If I was in Sean shoes, someone wouldn't have a license with WERA anymore or be able to get one ever again. Hell I would go as far as getting ahold of Kevin at CCS to make sure he wont be racing there either.

10. hurricanejohn

Okay. You win. Where I'm from "beat John senseless" translates to kick John's ass....

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  11. hurricanejohn

I don't have the "need" to be a racer in order to be a whole person. I think the OP was referring to me providing trackside service for Dunlop race tires. I'll be 60 in a few weeks, my racing days are behind me now, and maybe my tire gig is headed that way too. Doesn't matter, I will continue to support this sport and help put folks on the grids in WERA, CCS, MCRA, and in MotoAmerica.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

See ... again ... reading comprehension. IF he were Sean, he’d have kicked your ass for talking shit about Ev. That still isn’t saying he’s going/wants to kick your ass. Not even hinting at it. That’s a completely hypothetical statement. But understanding that would require you to be honest and not make shit up to try and play the victim. I’ll say it again, this time a bit more directly. You are clearly a liar and will spin shit however you think will most benefit you. A third consecutive post by you to point to Trevor and Sean likely being correct. I would say for a third time to walk away, but you aren’t bright enough to do so.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  13. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I have never....wait.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Me either fwiw :rolleyes:

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

come on guys .. this is almost entering "participation award" status....
    what big name riders are you entering the CCS Race of Champions or the WERA Grand National Finals with any regularity? There are multiple classes you can enter. Enter enough of em over the years, you might eventually win some national titles. But how big a deal are these things really ? we all want to win club level championships. but that's what it is.. a club level championship. You grid by your points so you have the advantage of a start. There are only a small percentage of all the riders in "the nation" that will show up anyway due to various logistics, lack of funds at seasons end, injury, etc.

In the past, at Daytona (and i'm sure at the GNF), there have occasionally been pro riders enter these races. Sometimes they pull off a lap or 2 into a race. Sometimes they don't. One of the coolest 2nd place finishes at the ROC i ever had, was finishing behind world Supersport regular (and past Moto America racer) Sheridan Morias when @gpstar748 and the team were there in October 2016 (so sad that the team owner passed away). it was a distant 2nd, but i did manage a draft pass early on, and led him for 1/2 a lap before he passed again and was gooooone .. it was a thrill to have a guy like that on the track with us.. more of a thrill than a national title that nobody would remember in a day or 2. But there are always faster riders. That's just a fact of racing, but i dont' think we should be overly concerned about real big name riders, and/or real big name teams from around the world, showing up to steal our club level national titles with any great regularity....

rk97 and ToofPic like this.
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Hey @hurricanejohn - speaking of you being a lying sack of shit; you should go check out the thread about how well Draik just did in his last race. ;)

17. hurricanejohn

I was busy reading about my two sponsored riders doing pretty good. Happy for Draik as well.

18. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask @hurricanejohn ,since he says he is putting as many people on the grinds, how did that work out for Draik?:rolleyes:

TurboBlew and r6boater like this.
  19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Personally, I want to compete against the best at the GNF. If some CMRA hotshoe shows up (and they do) I'm glad to witness it. It's a good reminder of how I need to improve.

backbone, MELK-MAN and VFR#52 like this.
  20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

To be clear, in no way do I dislike you because of some loyalty to Sean. Overall, I'd say I don't really get along with him, at least in an online fashion. In person, we're both all business, trying to get our race weekend completed. Though I don't really agree with his stance on most things here, I can't really remember a time that he has been dishonorable. I cannot say the same for you. The stories I've heard about you, both from your mouth and from those that have dealt with you, have shown who you are as a man. You don't have any right to be part of the WERA family that love and feel apart of, in my opinion. The (apparently drunken) rants you've posted about Ev specifically (and without apology/remorse) would earn you a permanent ban from any business dealings I controlled.

You are a perfect example of being weighed and found wanting.

assjuice cyrus likes this.