1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To address John Cooks misinformation on facetubes...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have no idea on the WERA crowd as I only spent time in the pits (well except once when I was a spectator) However it is possible to have people show up for amateur races. My brother puts on a AHMRA (?) sanctioned flat track and had a couple thousand fans show. It was local to him and took a fair amount of promotion so I am not saying it is easy but the people did come. Oh and almost all left very pleased including the racers. Guess what I can almost guarantee at any given WERA event the same is true. Sure there is always the bitter POS whiner but most come back as they enjoyed it ;)

But yes on the bolded part LOL. The other part people forget is the rain day you decided to stay home.... yep WERA still paid all their fixed costs and ate that one.

So again I hope Mongo made lots of money so I can continue to enjoy motorcycles the way I do.

Phl218 and panthercity like this.
  2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I still have my first set of each, had them for over 40 years:D

panthercity likes this.
  3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

You monster. How do you sleep at night?

Phl218 and TurboBlew like this.
  4. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I encourage my "kids" to keep their mouth shut and let their riding do the talking.... I will do the same.

I will say that I have told Sean he is an asshole. He has told me the same. Ev hugs me every time I see her. Emily does the same. I have been in and around WERA for 16 years. What can be said about Sean is he is consistent, fair, and responsive. If he tells you "no", it's "no". If you ask a question, you get an answer. If you attack him, he will respond accordingly. In 16 years, we have never had a problem after the initial "This is bullshit" and then calm down. I also have never caught Sean in a lie.............. Rest assured "screen shots" exist and most will never know about them......

Phl218, rk97, Shenanigans and 9 others like this.
  5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Don't forget the bath you take when things outside of your control cuts the number of entries way down. I remember Bridgehampton socked in with fog on a Saturday. The riders were given the option of a full refund if they left by 4:00.
    Many left, and the drinking and debauchery started early. I didn't get paid that weekend but seriously couldn't be upset about it because I knew Don Hutchinson lost tens of thousands of dollars that weekend.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Spot on. However I will say .. either Sean has gotten better, or I have become jaded to it. I think it's the former.

:D

rk97 and DucatiBomber like this.
  7. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

He doesn't mess with me.... Ev loves me.... Lol. "Now you leave that sweet boy alone!".... He walks away rolling his eyes. LMAO.

For the record, this post is for fun and a joke. I do not try to have rules bent for me or my "kids" and I always do what I say I am going to do.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yes, and I was indicating my coffee was also quite thick (in contrast to my mom's). :D

Yzasserina likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the AMA Roadrace Grand Championships. But without the cool name :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, RRGC. Ran it last year :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, it is possible and we've done it - but without sponsorship to help pay the bills you can lose you entire company in just a couple of bad events where you lose all of the advertising budget. It's even more of a gamble (specially with weather) than just racing is.

FWIW - we have a TON of great racers and family who do support WERA and don't bitch about the little stuff and we truly do appreciate them. The squeaky wheels really aren't a large percentage.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Go read the old stuff, I haven't changed a bit :p

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

My whole family would show up for my Road atlanta races,Aunts,uncles,cousins,girlfriends,It was always a great showing.
    My aunts were also great to contact the local paper,and they would cover me constsantly,
    I had one article that made the cover of the gainesville times,and several other articles my family kept.
    I brought several racers into wera,and 2 riders that were multiple national champions
    Soo a few people did come out to see the toof pic ride

Shenanigans and sheepofblue like this.
  14. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I bring my dog and put selfies on FB.

15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Man, This @hurricanejohn guy must have the same issue as that Melka, They both like to dodge questions when directly asked..:rolleyes:

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

He already tried to spin it back to the few riders he didn’t f@ck over. He’s a lying sack of shit. You expect honesty from him?

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  17. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

A SECOND CUP??? Jeez I'm on my second cup before I finish my FIRST o_O:D

RRP, mastermind and t11ravis like this.
  18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Like a baby and usually by 8:30 :D

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

totally separate situations.. and i think there's 300 pages in that shitstorm of a thread that prove i didn't back down from direct questions. Did i not agree with your view and other's view of the situation ? god damn right.. but that IS my fukin right dude.

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You dodge every direct question asked to you about that. Get the fuck out of here. Why don't you and Cook go ride drity bikes together. You guys can be big pieces of shit together!

Sweatypants likes this.