1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Jaketheone46, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

My original post I stated I’m looking for a street/track tire but want to keep that race profile. I’m looking to get something a bit more street but I’m just not familiar with them. I spend the majority of the time riding with the wife (she’s on a R3) that I’m looking to get a bit more out of my tires but still have that grip when I decide to go pic up the pace along with a quick turn in. I’ve rode nothing but supercorsas for years with the exception of one m7rr rear with a racetech front (current set). That m7rr rear is what gave me some confidence in something more street oriented. I guess my search is the street/track tire with the quickest turn in.

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just get the Pirelli Corsa TD tires and be done with it. I am sure they will give you what you want out of them. There are other tires from Pirelli and ALL of the other premium mfg which would work for you also.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Quoted for truth. Gixxer got called out!

speedluvn likes this.
  4. Warmers? I trailer it to the mountains and its only 20 miles away, I am winning the mountain ride :)

track wagon and Phl218 like this.
  5. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

It doesn’t get much better then tracksidetires. Just buying tires from Mike and Alex to have them at your disposable with knowledge is worth paying double. You’d be a moron to get Pirellis anywhere else.

6. Jaketheone46

Yes I just discovered them and the price on a regular supercorsa sc is the lowest I have ever seen to where I thought I was in scam territory. lol

7. Jaketheone46

Where does the regular Diablo rosso corsa fall in the category?? I see trackside has great deals on these?? Disregard I found a chart which puts this exactly what I want to try. Guys I’m trying the Diablo rosso corsa. Trackday has them but only in 200/55 so now I’m making another step. Started with 190/50 to 190/55 now going to 200/55

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  8. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Plus man everything you get from them is fresh. I’ve gotten tires that were three- four weeks old on the regular.

As I said before Mike and Alex are a wealth of knowledge that in itself is worth every penny you’ll spend with them.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The problem is you came to a racing forum to ask for advice on tires for doing stupid shit on the street. Yes, riding at a "brisk" pace or whatever you wish to call it on the Dragon is stupid shit. You're being called out for that and always will be called out on here for that. Also just because, there are plenty of people here who have done that stupid and some of the more idiotic ones have done so at effectively a race pace, you're not going to be faster and they are experts on track as well as experts at the stupid you're into right now.

Adam.B, Jon Wilkens, 83BSA and 3 others like this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

@Metalhead trailering his fzr up to Fontana Dam, from Greenville :dead:

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You’re late to the party, pal.

track wagon likes this.
  12. You think you are the first person to tear up the mountains? Where do you think I learned how to ride?

Been there, done that, thought I was fast, then went to the track and learned I didn’t have a clue.

I can assure you my skillset has improved exponentially since my mountain days. But I can also assure you that I have nothing to prove or gain from riding like an asshat on the street.

You will see the light one day.

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Exactly how I feel.

How much chicken strip you got left, bro? :rolleyes:

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  14. Jaketheone46

See the light one day?? I already have said multiple times I’m over the being fast shit years ago. The most I have really said is I like to pour on some coals coming out of corners. I don’t go flying like I’m on a track at all whatsoever. With that said I like to ride a enjoyable safe pace mostly keeping a even speed across the whole road for the most part. I don’t recall saying anything about tearing up the mountains. I have learned and I have learned more than once. I’ve broken 16 bones in one crash in my late 20s. As I said above I cold care less about who’s faster I just like to ride my motorcycle. Not sure where I’ve came across as if I’m going balls out on the street. I’m kinda lost on where all of it’s coming from really. In the above post I was playing around was all just like you all do.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your insistence that you need better than street tires is a claim you're going fast...

16. Jaketheone46

Oh ok wow. Lol I like a good grip tire with a fast turn in profile yep I’m one fast mother fucker.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  17. Jaketheone46

One minute you all are saying he probably don’t even know what sliding is then the next your saying oh he will learn one day. Freeking cracks me up. Where is the talk like we would talk if we was all in person just bull shitting. Or do you all keep the negative comments coming in person too. Anyone have anything positive to say?? I’ve been out riding today since the sun came up and think I may have hit 70mph once but doubt it. I will admit when I’m on the good roads I run that pace where you keep a nice even speed through the straights and the corners. I do find myself liking to go quiet a bit fast sometimes as well but have not portrayed this at all here. Didn’t mean to anyway.

18. Jaketheone46

Some of you all need some ass or something. Jeez

19. Jaketheone46

Who

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

hey op
    do you corner low?
    did you go to a prominent university?

Gorilla George and ducnut like this.