1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips at resorts

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 15, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Grand Canyon engineering? That probably belongs in the dungeon. :crackup:

Funkm05, Gorilla George and ChemGuy like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Grand Canyon is one I went to, stood there, said "yep, that's a big fucking hole", then drove away :crackup:

StaccatoFan, Steady T and BigBird like this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

my first family-cancun visit couple years ago:

all inclusive place, same no-tip policy:

we are sitting at the pool, drinks on order ... family across the pool has mountain of tacos, beers (already warm, undrunk) ...

my astonished self couldn't help himself and asked: "why the heck are you guys tipping them (POLICY!) or is there any other reason they bring you all that stuff without askin?"

Dude (immigration attorney from DC) says: sorry we Americans ruined that for the rest of the world and offered me one of the warm beers.

i chuckled and said game on, started tipping the waiters tens and 20s the next day, just to get them away from him :D (we were only there for 3 more days)

next year i came back with 1's and 5's.

poor Europeans are still waiting on their beers from 2018.

MachineR1 and BigBird like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Think of servers/staff like strippers that keep their clothes on.

If you give them money they will do more 'stuff' for you.

If you dont give them money they just stand there or leave.

BigBird likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He’s seen an FZR before. :Poke:

R Acree likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Tulum and Chichen Itza are pretty cool for a few hours. a cenote tour is better. chartering a sail boat and snorkeling in a lagoon is better still.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Be careful! You're in a different country. It's seems that you could be teetering on solicitation. Enjoy! ;)

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Maybe some of us want to think he's off the grid in the mountains smoking fatties and living off the land. Unless/until there's proof of non-life, that's what I'm hanging my hat on.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  9. Agreed. In my last post I had to try to think about the things ive seen because I didn't take any pictures, and never talk about it. I do think I took a video of me feeding the little monkeys, but I didn't post it. It was for my enjoyment later.

I don't really get anything out of seeing man-made stuff, or museums, or anything like that.

It might sound weird, but I do like to find old abandoned shit and go inside. I don't mean tourist attraction things, I mean like running across a really old house in the woods somewhere that has been uninhabited for 100 years, or maybe a school or factory that has been closed for 50+ years. I think it is cool to see papers where people wrote things down 80 years ago, or old household objects. It makes me wonder about the last time that stuff was used, or what all went on there, or how it went when the last person walked out of there for the final time.

I would love to be able to swim through shipwrecks that have been on the ocean floor for decades. I like seeing footage of sunken planes, ships, etc....like the Titanic. It is cool to see tables and chairs and shit, and think about how people were sitting there eating at one point, then suddenly it was on the bottom of the ocean.

My dream touristy thing would be to walk through Chernobyl, especially places that nobody has been in since it all happened.

BigBird likes this.
  10. That sounds EXACTLY like what I would say and do. :crackup:

"Yep, that's a big fucking hole...…..enough of this shit, im bored. Isn't there a petting zoo around here somewhere".

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't look now, but that is borderline historical.

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If this keeps up, I might invite him over to touch my 1963 YG-1.

Not mine, but close … mine was a Japan domestic model.

yg1.jpg

13. Yeah, now you are pushing it. Maybe if you sink that bicycle and it sits on the ocean floor for 50 years, I might check it out then. :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

Come to MI next summer. Lots of well preserved old wrecks...like 1800s wrecks....that are diveable in lake MI, Superior, etc

I think can go to Chernobyl and visit. Unless the selfie takers caused it to shut down

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  15. speedluvn

Bam! Ask and you shall receive.
    http://chernobyl-tour.com/english/4...MI-bPgyN-h5QIVCWKGCh1UYQcWEAAYASAAEgI69PD_BwE

I just saw this on the Smithsonian Channel that levels are “safe” enough for brief tours. Take plenty of pictures and be sure to post ‘em here.

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  16. speedluvn

I don’t wanna stoop to their level but the word police will respond momentarily.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I am driven to ignore this wreck of a conversation.

18. ChemGuy

Oh some of them if you got a really good run you could probably Dukes of Hazzard a car onto.
    So that auto correct was technically true...
    :D

19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Shit. Just tour Detroit. Lots of old abandoned houses/factories to check out. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  20. speedluvn

:rolleyes: