1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ties are stoopid

Discussion in 'General' started by deathwagon, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I used to wear bow ties but you hipster scum have ruined that for me.

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ties started off as bibs. Yes, you just wore your bib. How in the hell it became a major fashion statement is beyond me. It's horribly stupid and uncomfortable. Thank God I work where I can wear whatever in the hell I want. I agree that a nice suit sans tie looks a lot better than suit with tie.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I wore a clip on tie at my wedding. Straight up. Yanked that mother off right after I said "I do".

Then I sexed up the ol lady.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Welcome back Rich! You we've missed :p

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

And please, if you are wearing a tie, look down and make sure you aren't also wearing sneakers. That shit chaps my ass.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

well...about that. since they make me wear a tie, i do get away wearing my black sneakers most of the time :D

7. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

you know that only time I wore a tie that I mentioned earlier....

8. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

I hear bolos are back in style, so there's that option

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Bolos are cool. Unfortunately, they only go good with cowboy boots. Cowboy boots are too narrow for my mud grips.

10. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I don't have to wear suits/ties for work. So naturally I don't mind wearing a suit/tie occasionally. Something about a well-fitting suit just looks "right".

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Remove before getting into it with some other guy. Been in one where the guy grabbed mine and he handled me like a red flyer wagon. Been in one a few years later and I did the same to some other chap. You can really wind up when you know you're going to land it, its almost unsportsmanlike, but then again its a fight.

12. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I call Bravo Sierra.

Not about you wearing a clip-on tie at your wedding. Or straight up. Or pulling it off right after saying "I do." I believe all that, given some of your previous posts.

That leaves only one other statement.....

:D

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  13. No.

14. No, it looks like you're trying to be ironic, which just makes you look pathetic.

If you don't want to wear a tie, don't wear a suit.

15. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I must have close to 40 ties and wear one maybe twice a year. Not sure where I gathered most of them. Maybe they reproduce on their own...

16. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

A tie is the panting, the shirt is the canvas and the suit is the frame. If a tie is uncomfortable you have a shirt that doesn't fit and/or don't know how to form a proper knot. Ties are like shoes...you can never have too many.

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Bunch a fuckin slack jawed hillbilly yokels up in hurrr

18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Bob Bahre says he never owned a tie in his life. I admire him for that.

Me and The Governor had to wear ties for Rocky's wedding in Victory Lane. That's the only time I've dressed up in the past ten years. (Mother's funeral 10 years ago.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  19. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

They were invented by a frustrated hangman.

20. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Someone takes this tie shit VERY seriously. Brutha will cut you if your Windsor knot is crooked.