1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ties are stoopid

Discussion in 'General' started by deathwagon, Aug 20, 2014.

1. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

They're a silky piece of fabric tied around your neck, pointing at your dick. Ties need to die.

2. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

But what would you wear with lights and small soundboards around the holidays?

3. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

They should, what makes a suit and tie any nicer than I nice clean t shirt? Nothing.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

fresh tshirts are my favorite thing to put on for the first time. its like a big hug from an old friend. i need to find a job where i never have to wear business casual OR a damn tie ever again in my field. that's gonna be my next requirement for any future lookings.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's a phallic symbol. If I could get away with it, I'd wear ones in the shape of a penis to establish dominance during customer meetings.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

i don't mind wearing a tie, but yeah, it is a pretty pointless "mandatory" piece of attire at my job, where I type commands into a computer all day long. Not once has the computer said nice tie to me.

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I wear a tie 5 days a week. I really don't mind it... The only thing that sucks is if I bend over to feed the dogs and my tie lands in the water bowl.

8. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

You need to buy an inflatable one for when things get heated.

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I don't have to wear one often, but when I do it makes my lady's nethers go crazy.......so I'll deal.

10. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

they are a leash for the hidden hands to control the wearer with. its symbolic for archronized or slave/master.

just following orders.. or protocol, policy, etc. etc.

free your mind.. be a man.

11. i like ties. you guys are nuts. i also don't wear one everyday.

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I wear jeans and something just a slight notch above a novelty tshirt to the office every day. When I go to see a client, I dress to their level, but, never jeans if they're a jeans kinda place. If they're business casual, I'm in a nice pair of pants and typically a nice button down shirt. Depending on the client, I might wear a golf shirt. If they're jacket/tie, I'm jacket/tie. Like my VP once told me...don't wear a tuxedo if they're wearing pajamas.

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

and here you made fun of my job. :D

14. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

almost 60,wore one once...never owned one

15. All the best people (and some of the worst) wear ties on a regular basis. Where does that leave you? :)

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Smarter than them?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tie? It's a formal day when I remember to put on pants. :D

T shirt, shorts and Morrisstocks are my summer wear. :D

Kills me when I have to wear a tie but when I do, I look soooo sexy that I'd f@ck me.

18. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

correction: its "archonized" for those wondering.. my bad.

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Surely the dumbest fashion accessory ever invented. Uncomfortable, looks stupid as fuck (just put on a nice suit and take one pic w/out tie and one with, you'll see) and a waste of money. I vote no.

And don't fuckin start with the bow tie/nerd glasses look that is all the rage these days.