1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There went our low gas prices. Trump light Iran a blaze

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Sep 14, 2019.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Okay what do the Iranians actually gain from this? This seems out of character for them. They don’t mind killing people and blowing shit up to get their way, but huge provocations aren’t really their style. They usually go for sneakier actions, proxy attacks and small scale provocations like seizing patrol boats. I don’t believe it because I don’t think the Iranians are stupid. I also don’t trust the government one whit.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, they’ve been seizing tankers in the straits of Hormuz now for a couple of months or so, and they’ve got Sino-Russian backing, so no, I don’t find overtly aggressive actions to be too surprising.

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

They mistakenly think their antics will provoke Trump to loosen up on his sanctions against them. They are dead wrong, but their back is against the wall and Trump's focus on energy independence is allowing him to give them the big double barrel middle finger.
    It's time for the Iranian people to take back their country. Unfortunately, that movement had some traction a few years ago and Obozo and crew took a pass on it. It likely would have only taken a verbal "we got your back" to push it over the hump.
    That said, the Saudis have enough military gear they've purchased from us over the years. Time for them to use some of it and we'll sell them some more.

Fencer likes this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep they have blown through the plane load of cash Obama sent and desperate again.

5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Hah! Somebody's gettin' some job security!

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Not so sure we should be doing anything about it other than telling the Saudis we will back them up with their decision on responding to an attack on their nation.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Driving around DFW today, gas prices are down from what they were Friday...

I can recall when if a Sheik farted gas would go up a buck a gallon.

Drill baby drill.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid::D

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Your altruism is refreshing... :D

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If we went "to war" with Iran, how long would it last?

Ten minutes?

15?

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We'd never leave and hand them billions to rebuild.
    Let the Saudis answer for being attacked.

Fencer, cpettit and Quicktoy like this.
  13. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Having worked with the Saudi military, they’d get smoked if we didn’t “help” the shit outta them. The definition of incompetence.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'd file that under..."who fucking cares"

brex, Fonda Dix and Fencer like this.
  15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

They are an ally, so sure we can give backing. But no way should we be leading the effort, it's time for some other nation on this planet to put on big boy pants and lead their own shit. Not a one of them do or will, they are all a bunch of giant pussies.
    And our assistance should be very limited to air support, radar logistics/assistance. And then we ship out as soon as the fight is done - including all our other assets and bases out that way. If the Saudis would like a cruise missile or two sent in then great, here's the bill, they cost $X each.

Fencer likes this.
  16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Your grasp on recent history is amazing.

War with Iran is a 10 year commitment minimum.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think duration would be significantly dependent on the rules of engagement. For a political action, you may be correct. In it to win it? Significantly less.

18. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

You are looking in the wrong place.
    The DNC funded the strike to raise fuel prices so Trump will lose the election due to a bad economy.

It could happen :blart:

Fonda Dix likes this.
  19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

That's the issue anywhere we have ever ventured in Asia...what is winning? When is the country defeated? Once the gov't is toppled (a la Saddam) is everyone happily welcoming their liberators or retreating, regrouping and reloading?

Edit: well I suppose there was Japan...but pretty sure thats off the table these days.