1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There went our low gas prices. Trump light Iran a blaze

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Sep 14, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Somehow, I don't think Trump, should he make a decision to take significant action, will be indecisive about defining what victory is.

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Chino, I know you lean left, but surely you're not comparing Bush to Trump?!?! R or D, those are two VERY different men.

If the gloves are off, I fully believe Trump will let the military do whatever in the hell is necessary to kick the ever loving sh*t out of our enemy. He doesn't care what people think of him and will let the military do their job. Love him or hate him, you can't compare him to Bush!

aaronson likes this.
  4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hint: The US ain't Iraq.

5. Chino52405

Definitely not referencing the Iraq/Iran war...much more concerned with US "conflicts" in the region. And as far as those are concerned...Iran might as well be Iraq and Afghanistan combined with a much larger proxy network and more high profile friends.

6. Chino52405

Missed this - no Trump/Bush comparison at all. One was a puppet and the other is a muppet - totally different things. :crackup:

Only point of the Bush photo is that I don't believe there is a such thing as "winning" a war anymore. I don't think these things end because it's a global economy and it's all interconnected. Trump may not handcuff our military and its leaders in any way, but the rest of the world might over something that isn't even a direct threat to us.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So assume we follow this dictum, and Iran rolls over the Saudis, UAE, Oman and Yemen. At the same time they come in from the north and the Shia majority in Iraq and Syria come along for the ride. Before long they control most of the Middle East. Are you cool standing by until they control all that oil and territory, and inevitably overrun Israel? When is enough enough?

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

We missed a HUGE opportunity a few years ago under Obama (no surprise) to overthrow the Iranian government. Those assholes turned Egypt, Libya, and Syria into failed states by removing powerful leaders and allowing zealots to take control, but in the case of Iran, they let the zealots consolidate power by seemingly supporting opposition then pulling out, letting the government crush the resistance.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Who cares? Where are when mass rape and genocide is happening in central Africa or Mayanmar or the shit with the North Koreans killing thousand of their own...... Oh right.... there isn’t oil there.

brex likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

True, but nobody was amassing large amounts of land. And with oil comes money, which can purchase weapons, which can lead to further conquest. Neither the Africans or the NK's have a history or desire to conquer Europe (again).

11. cpettit

Now I gotta worry about europe too?

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nope, not at all. Your best bet is to wait until they control all of that and come knocking on your door. You can probably avoid virtually the entire situation up to that point. You don't watch MotoGP, drive a car, ride a motorcycle, watch cable/satellite tv, listen to new music, travel, breathe, or any of that nonsense do you? ;)

13. cpettit

I work for zee germans. When they get nervous I’ll get nervous.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We produce more of our oil than they do. Their mess.
    Funny how mr. Super IQ is so idiotic to think Iran would roll over anyone. But I'm sure the greatest person to ever live has his reasoning for why it is the absolute, irrefutable truth.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Fuck off. If they weren’t scared of us they’d be running the entire Middle East.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You might check history a bit. After WWII how long was there a resistance that fought on?

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They went all French and surrendered to Islam already:Poke:

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Direct action against them is a tough call. They have a significant portion of the population that detests the hardline government, but they’ll unify against an overt attack. It’d be great if we give the CIA and Mossad carte blanche to go after these assholes.

20. Chino52405

What does that have to do with the conflicts in Asia that were actually being referenced?

Edit: but now that you brought it up...what was our overall time and money commitment post war?