1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

They have Sebring on the schedule for late afternoon.

You can, not sure why you would want to though?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yes...you can.

3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I only get to do iracing at work and don't have access/wouldn't want to fool around with the computer. However, I could bring my laptop in and use that for TS.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Good

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Matt did you buy Voice Attack ?

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

No.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

A waste of $10
    Unless you don't have a button box, then it's slightly useful.
    What program did you find for fueling ?

8. Venom51

Fraley makes a big jump to 6th in points. I still sit 9th. Charlie has jumped up to 12th. Richie is holding down 15th.

We went the wrong direction on team points however. That's my fault.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Fraley with less the 3 incidents ? :) Had it not been for a couple of screw ups including me not knowing how to calculate laps and adding 4 gallons too much, I might have finished 2 positions better. Spa killed my chance of catching Ritchie.

10. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I didn't hear last night, was anyone running telemetry during the race?

11. Venom51

I did not.

12. assjuice cyrus

O man, talk about fun. Endurance is awesome. You just have to make sure the 1st guy doesn't crash the car early in the race only for the 2nd to take over and crash the car,then it's your turn and you have to drive an hr or more and not get more then 3x incident points....:D

13. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Here's a TL/DR post...

First of all - big thanks to Kenny - massive help both when I was spectating and getting on the track.

Daytona - I drove around the track with a mouse and two arrow keys to shift Sunday a little, boy is that fun.... Then wheel and pedals (G920) arrived Monday afternoon (thanks again Erik!). More help from Kenny, much learning, and getting through a practice session.

Daytona Q & Race Tuesday
    Qualification went as expected - last. Race start was fine, I stayed back but in the chicane exit I spun and almost nosed into the wall. Took back off (happily alone) and kept my nose clean for a long time. Of course I started getting passed by early crashers who were faster. Then a while later, with Gary and another following me into turn 1, I managed to lock up the brakes (far to common for me at this point). Gary got past cleanly but then I was flipped in an epic manner by the other guy. Fast repair and back on track, where shortly afterwards I managed to bury the nose of the car into the wall on my own. Lost a lot amount of time getting towed and repaired. Once on track again I kept my nose clean till past the checkers when some clown, Charlie (giggling like a school boy) punts me off the track from behind before the pit entrance, probably some tribal initiation ritual ;-)

The Bottom Line
    This is so challenging to pick up and learn, but it is so much fun, especially running with a good group of guys. Lots of laughs are had at everyone's expense every time out.

Thank you to Kenny, Matt, Erik, Ritchie, and Charlie for their encouragement in the practice and the race!

@BigBird - step up.

BigBird, G Dawg and assjuice cyrus like this.
  14. Venom51

I'm putting up a Sebring session at 8pm. Much practice will be needed.

15. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

I did 8 laps of Sebring last night just to see the track - great place to die if on a motorcycle.... I started to like the layout - a lot more steering and shifting. Lap 7 was a 2:11, will be a good starting point for me - I'd imagine there are 10-15 more seconds out there to be had. Of course, it could be 30 seconds or more.... :-D

16. Venom51

17. assjuice cyrus

@Venom51

Ok, I got a non iracing question. I trying to open up and toy around with the Davinci whatcha macall it, but it says a new verison is already down loaded and uninstall at the control panel.

Wtf, does that mean?

Thanks
    DAD!

18. Venom51

It means we installed a previous version. Start -> type control panel -> click on control panel. Find install/uninstall a program. Find the Davinci Resolve in the list and uninstall it. Then install the new one.

19. assjuice cyrus

Still does the same thing.

O well, no biggie.

20. Venom51

Ohh for the love of Jesus Christo. Does daddy have to teamviewer in and fix it for jr?