1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The unofficial official "SMMFH" thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Sep 16, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well I've never been to Spain...
    But I kinda like the music...
    They say the ladies are insane there...
    And they've apparently completely forgotten how to use it.

Orvis likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

If you are Latino and attribute your success to dedication and hard work while having the mindset that you simply may need to work a little harder to become successful while ignoring using your race as a crutch - you are supporting colorblind racism.

So now, any minority who doesn’t support the notion of systemic racism, are actually engaging in racist behavior themselves. If you disavow your race as keeping you down, you are part of the problem.

Liberals have so much to lose when they can no longer employ the race card as a means of control that they will continue to perpetuate racism even when it isn’t a factor.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, it looks like even the FCC under the current administration has concerns that things may not be totally kosher.

9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Saw that in the paper today. Surprised me. But to be sure, this isn't about Sinclair controlling stations covering more than half the viewers (and in some cities providing all 3 or 4 stations local newscasts), it is specifically how Sinclair wanted to get under the new, higher cap on coverage.

Historically, when Sinclair needed to divest stations to make the FCC happy, they've sold them to family members or close associates, with sideletter agreements that Sinclair will still manage programming, news and sales for the stations. This has been going on for quite some time.

Apparently this week, the FCC has taken notice of this as concerns the control of WGN-TV in Chicago (one of my former employers) and two other Tribune stations. Not sure why this particular situation has raised flags at the FCC.

HPPT likes this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Day care worker who tried to kill toddler by hanging him avoids prison as judge cites 'perfect storm' of events

On the morning of Nov. 18, 2016, Joseph Sabir was dropping off his 3-year-old daughter at the home when Karia told him she had “done something bad,” the charges against her read.

Sabir said he heard a baby crying in the basement and ran downstairs to find the child hanging from a noose made of girls’ tights tied to an overhead pipe. He grabbed the child and ran out of the house.

Karia then fled in her minivan, rear-ending a car on W. 28th Street at Grand Avenue, shoving that vehicle into another car.

When the driver of the first car, 37-year-old Salvador Lema, got out to check the damage, Karia pulled into traffic and dragged him for 10 blocks. At W. 28th and Park Avenue, her van struck 29-year-old bicyclist Jacob Carrigan. He suffered broken bones and had to have a rod surgically implanted in his leg to spare him amputation.

Karia later struck another car driven by a pregnant woman before pulling over near the Park Avenue overpass above Interstate 94, where she threatened to jump. Passersby held her down until police could take her into custody.

11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

All the rules you've discussed up to this seem to deal with stations confined within a local market - could it have anything to do with WGN being available nationwide?

12. beac83

The rules cover both how many stations you own/control in a given market, and what percentage of the US population your signals reach.

To the best of my knowledge, Sinclair owns no other stations in the Chicago market, nor does it exercise control of any stations in Chicago through various marketing/management agreements.

WGN America is a different video channel from the local WGN-TV. They were separated nearly 20 years ago. In this they are no different than WTBS Atlanta and TBS the cable channel. The FCC rules about national coverage do not apply to cable channels, only those with FCC licenses to use the public airwaves (over the air TV).

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Ah, never knew that.

14. beac83

Canadians get a feed from the local Chicago broadcast of WGN-TV, along with WDIV (NBC) Detroit, WNED (PBS) from Buffalo, and an ABC and CBS affiliate as well. They are distributed all across Canada by the cable company.

Surprised the heck out of me to check into a motel in Lloydminster AB after a long days' ride from Winnipeg and have WDIV come on when I turned on the TV.
    Canadian carriage of US TV broadcasts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_stations_available_in_Canada

In the US, only the WGN America feed is distributed to cable systems

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

...better idea, how about #FckPlannedParenthood :rolleyes:

16. beac83

IDK, Planned Parenthood does more to prevent/find breast and cervical cancers than anything else. Save the boobies! Support Planned Parenthood.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dude. Thanks. Not sure why you care... but thanks!!!!!!! :D

scottn likes this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm sure they do, but that's not quite the message they are conveying here in the previous video.

Are they more interested in saving the boobies or aborting the fetuses? It's no secret anymore what kind of a sinister underbelly PP has going on. Like any other corporation.....follow the money.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sounds like mission creep to me.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

How do they save boobies? They don't provide any mammograms, they just tell you where to go.
    Like the phone book.

But they are awesome at killing more black people than all other causes of death for blacks combined, just like Sanger wanted.