1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The unofficial official "SMMFH" thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Sep 16, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Never forget.......RIP Pebbles.

[​IMG]

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You might be surprised at the stats...

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What the fuck do you think long term abuse is?

Conditioning. Shit for brains.

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, saw that later. I'll never understand that. It's not like dude is doing a Trump grab, I can't imagine not reacting in some manner - which on a plane would be noticed - at the initial touch. That's not a situation that would initiate the whole fight/flight thing at that point.

I get that it can happen evidently, but can't imagine anyone I know not reacting at all.

6. CausticYarn

Some rando dude puts a hand up a skirt or inbetween a woman’s legs without permission and I guarantee there is an Adrenalin dump. It’s not like a hand on a waist or even an ass grab (which are just skeevy and overly forward moves) - it’s a very possessive and intimidating tactic. It’s a primal claim and a danger signal to a woman - especially if she is trapped. People who haven’t trained themselves to override the lizard brain and use the energy burn don’t have a choice how they react.

I learned very young not to scare my dad, he throws punches.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no way the first move is the pussy grabbing - no matter what Trump says. The risks for the perv are just too high doing that on a plane.

8. CausticYarn

It absolutely is. Sometimes the first move is raping someone in the middle of a crowded train while everyone looks at their feet.

You can’t imagine it, because you are a normal and decent person - people who do that crap, are not.

sheepofblue likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't imagine no one noticing either. And sure as hell can't imagine doing nothing.

I like dogs, humans suck.

10. CausticYarn

People notice, they just don’t say anything.

I like dogs too.
    And bunnies.
    And really any snuggly fluffy animal more than people. :)

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually he should be sued for emitting more CO2 due to his size, bastid.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Something I absolutely cannot and will not ever understand.

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yes but if you touch him he will bring you coal next year SpitfireClause.jpg

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

IT folks at work. SMH:

Two months ago I was asked to set up a virtual server to host a service we currently run on physical cluster (2 nodes).

ME: I'll need 2 TB of disk for this service
    Them: That's way too much. Storage costs money and is precious, we can't give you that much.
    ME: It won't work without the necessary storage
    Them: No No No. You have to use less
    ME: How much can I have
    Them: 200GB
    ME: That won't be enough, it will fill up in two months
    Them: That's all I can give you.
    ME: Fine.

Fast forward 61 days. Last night apparently the disk went over quota and set off a cascade of alarms for the IT folks. I was not listed as the owner of the share, so emails flew most of the night, none of which I was copied on.

I come in this morning, and see the copy someone finally sent me asking if I knew anything about this share.
    I stopped the service (It is still in the testing phase) and deleted it from the network of content peers.

ME: I told you I needed 2TB.
    Them: Oh.

Some days I want to throw uppercuts all around.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sounds like justifiable homicide to me...just don't use a gun. Bludgeon them with a hard drive.

18. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I want to rip the entire Isilon chassis out of the rack to bludgeon them with.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Isilon, Epsilon whatever works.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why am I envisioning Dr. Frankenfurter telling Brad what a perfect specimen of manhood he is...

So. Do you have any tattoos? :crackup: