1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The state of racism

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Aug 27, 2016.

1. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

I read a web story that linked him to dating/engaged/married? to a DJ/personality that was quite the radical and had convinced him to convert to Islam. They suspected that she was indoctrinating him into becoming a radical, and showed a progression of his social media from 'football player' to where he is today.

So it is a woman's fault!!!!

and lest we forget, he was previously penalized on field and later fined by the NFL for calling an opposing player a 'F'ing N*****" on the field...

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You left out raised by white people after adoption. So like Obama there was a parental failure and someone else stepped up who happened to be white (in Obama's case family also). Those people provided a upbringing that was at worst adequate and arguably excellent. Yet if the hate spewed by those two is true those people are evil not due to any action during upbringing but due to skin pigmentation. Sad in both cases.

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The media, because it garners more viewers, continue to make stories about really insignificant issues rather than what the real problems are concerning race relations. This football player that refuses to stand up during the playing of the anthem for example, what the player is protesting is but a result of developments, or lack thereof, over the past two hundred years in this country. What he, and the rest of us see today, is not the subject of where our efforts need to be aimed. He's ticked off because of his brothers being killed by the police. He, like so many others today, don't think about the fact that his brothers, or at least most of them, are criminals that have encountered law enforcement and came out on the losing end of that encounter.

The police, while doing their daily duty, are acting in the here and now so what they face is immediate and demands action immediately. Why that person is pointing a weapon at them, or is running from them, is beyond the point. The fact that they are pointing that weapon is what has to be dealt with immediately. What everyone collectively seem to be missing, when it comes to solving the police shooting situation, is that the problem lies in how we came to our present situation. Of course, this is only my opinion, but it lies in looking at the issue with some logic while following the sequence of events leading up to today.

The black race, having been introduced into this country from countries that had no education system, resulted in having them be thrust into a more educated citizenry that looked down on that race as primitive and savage for the most part. The black race stayed that way since they didn't have to know anything other than to follow orders. It's easy to understand how black people came to accept their fate as something permanent so why even try to better themselves. What was the use in that effort. So what if a few of them were highly educated slaves. Big deal. (Of course, some of them did make the effort and ended up being the early black leaders when slavery ended.)

In my opinion, we still have many members of the black race that still hold that attitude today. They still feel useless and oppressed because of the lack of a higher education and opportunities so what choice do they have except to find some other way to earn a living? Crime is the simplest answer. It takes no education, or very little, and the projected payoff is high. Why not? To me, I see a need for some black leaders to come forward and drive their own race to stop complaining and do something about where they are presently without resorting to violence. In other words, prove that they are just as equal as anyone else, black, white, or brown. I want to see a higher percentage of black PhDs in this country than whites. I get rather frustrated when I see society argue over what lies on the surface with no visible effort to look at where the real problems are. We must look deeper to solve some of these problems.

Sorry for the long winded rant. I'm having a frustrating morning.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You are being to kind. He is an idiot that is getting some from a radical chick that is a racist and he is converting to a religion that is involved with world wide violence currently. So because of that he now hates his adoptive parents and country that has allowed him to earn more than 100's of the 'oppressed' that he claims to be for.

There is room for improvement in this country as will always be the case but this jack off and those he associates with are not accomplishing any of it, likely make things worse instead. Screw him and the city by the bay that supports him.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not getting where all this support is. Yeah the league and team said they can't force him to stand. People have mentioned it's his right. But I'm not seeing support. I'm seeing a lot of people including on the news politely saying he's a fucking idiot.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The league could fine him. The seem to fine for a number of other reasons.

What needs to happen won't because we don't act. Imagine if no one showed to a game for which he suited up. Or, the entire stadium had every person flying a flag or singing the National Anthem non-stop.

But that is not what we do.
    We are to busy with our pom poms.

Orvis likes this.
  7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I don't know Sheep. I don't think I'm being kind rather than thinking that his frame of mind comes from a deeper place. He will still have his attitude regardless but, it doesn't necessarily come from his own thought process. I don't think he's that smart. It's almost an evolutionary process starting long before he was born.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hey Hawk, how in the hell are you and where have you been?

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

And, cemented by the NEA.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you not been online or watched the news?

Odds are very good he won't be employed soon. Niners already didn't like him because he's sucking ass. Now he's distracting everyone on top of it.

People are absolutely doing things and are upset and will continue to be upset, this isn't going away with the next news cycle. He screwed up big time.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am well, thanks.
    I find myself wI think no time these days. Work and schooling plus continuous travels leave little time for anything else but sleep.

I lurk but I am not one to text and drive. Plus, every where it is all about labeling. It gets old.

I message Bob from time to time.

The project in Texas came to completion and I could not get away from the Upper Midwest and Dakota.

Hope all is well with you.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

No. I have not been following the news much lately. I stopped participating in the idolization game some time ago.

I have watched games here and there. This cat did well first year out but defense coordinators had a summer and he has not been much sincentives.

He may have his reasons as you and others point to.

My point is, that one will see less of this if we were not so accepting.

What if he was superstar?

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ignore him. He WILL go away. He is not worth the attention he is getting.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's my point - we are not accepting and we do not see much of it.

Wouldn't matter hoe much pull he had, he's pissed off too many people. Even if he remotely had a point (he doesn't given how many less people are killed by cops) you never ever dis the flag and keep football fans happy with you.

Hawk518 likes this.
  15. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

And I wonder, when he gets let go from the 49ers, will it be because or 'racism'?

This chick is playing him like a pawn to expand her adgenda, and him getting fired over this will just play even more into the woe is me we are so persecuted.

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

There's a new one. I just read on the plane - Myke Tavarres, a rookie LB for the Eagles is in on the act now. Says he backed away from the team lineup at the last game, and will sit at the next game for the same reason. Rook knows his place! Gotta keep that bench warm!

Players focused on the game don't have time or will to think up stupid shit like this.

Hawk518 likes this.
  17. Lawn Dart

LOL.

Look at this... Hahaha. He must've gotten a call from someone smarter than he is.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thats a low bar! It would probably be difficult to find someone dumber...:D

19. Lawn Dart

The Eagles DID take Dorial Green-Beckham from the Titans. I'm almost positive he's dumber. :D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, you don't f@ck with those Eagles fans, they'll kill you over less. He wants to live? He'll shut up, do his job and not piss off those psychos.

Hawk518 likes this.