1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The state of racism

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Aug 27, 2016.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nice....they're gonna pull a Beyonce, ehhh?

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I admittedly don't recall what she did.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Two hams at once. Right down the back of her dress. :D

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Interesting take on it.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Interesting 'News site'. Must be trustworthy.....

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

About as trustworthy as CNN and MSNBC

BHP41 and kangasj like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

On the "Give-a-Fuckometer", this scores a firm 0.

[​IMG]

On an unrelated note, how does he fit that Shirley Hemphill hairdo under a helmet anyways?

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Actions have consequences.

I'm sure he's crying in his mansion. Fuck him.

12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

$10 says he moves to Canada......

...to play arena football :crackup:

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Who got nothin' on Breibart & Fox..... I know, I know....

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Colin Kaepernick Makes Black History Smithsonian Before Clarence Thomas

The quarterback’s admission into the nation’s premier black history museum was fairly speedy relative to Thomas, only the second black man in American history to serve on the Supreme Court. The Daily Caller News Foundation reported that Thomas was not included in the museum in 2016. His exclusion prompted resolutions in both houses of Congress urging his incorporation in the museum.

Thomas was born in Georgia’s coastal lowlands among impoverished Gullah-speakers. By his own account, he did not master English until his early 20s. He came of age in Jim Crow Savannah, Ga., where he was turn ridiculed by white neighbors and classmates for his unpolished style. During this period, most public spaces in Savannah were segregated by race.

Despite the startling racial injustices of his youth, he went on to the College of the Holy Cross and Yale Law School. He was appointed to the Supreme Court by President George H. W. Bush in 1991.

“There are many compelling personal stories about African Americans who have become successful in various fields, and obviously, Associate Justice Thomas is one of them,” a spokesman said. “However, we cannot tell every story in our inaugural exhibitions.”

“We will continue to collect and interpret the breadth of the African American experience,” the spokesman added.

ESPN’s Kellerman Calls on White NFL Players to ‘Show Solidarity’ With Anthem Protests

(you just have to watch the video, this guy has lost it)

Thursday, on ESPN’s “First Take,” Max Kellerman expressed agreement with Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett’s call for white players to help with the national anthem protests, saying white players should “show solidarity” with the protests.

“I think Michael Bennett is 100 percent correct,” Kellerman stated. “White players, where you at, baby?”

He continued, “Come on, what’s going on here? That’s the question right now. And by the way, yes, it depends on the white player. When you paint with a broad brush, black players, white players, they’re individuals, and they have their own ideas about things. So, I’m not saying all white players. What I am saying is, to Michael Bennett’s point, it would — not only would it be very helpful because it would show solidarity across racial barriers, or racial divides, particularly at this time in our nation’s history, particularly with recent events.”

Kellerman then said it was “embarrassing” and a “disgrace” that no white players have spoken out in favor of the national anthem protests.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

NFL? I think I'll pass on watching those spoiled millionaires.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The NFL is done, just a matter of years. And these douchebags are speeding it up.
    College football is so much better.

R Acree likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

F#ck the players. I hate it for the small business people and taxpayers blackmailed into paying for monuments to athletic ego. They will suffer far more than the owners.

G 97 likes this.
  18. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I can't decide if this shit is really happening everywhere or if it's just being manipulated in a way that makes it seem so. The news makes it seem like we're right on the verge of erasing a good chunk of our history because it "offends" some people, that snowflakes are rising up everywhere in protest of the president and in an attempt to throw off the oppressive yoke of the straight white male, but I'm honestly not seeing a single bit of it in real life.

And I'm really wondering, if it's true, how long it'll be before the people with the real power have enough and stomp the life out of these agitators, and in doing so, establish an authoritarian state that kills much of the Bill of Rights.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We did back to school night tonight. Son going into 9th grade, we talked to the English teacher and I asked the teacher what books they were reading. One of them is To Kill a Mockingbird, I told her I was happy to hear that. She said they have tried banning it locally but she is reading it anyway. According to her, it is the "most banned book for high school".
    Sad.