1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official "I want a shitty generator thread"

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I wanted to see how much of a pain it'd be to start cold. Starts very easily. Even easier with the button. :D

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

From some of the reviews I've read be sure to do an oil change (or two) in the first handful of hours.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I plan on it. First at the five hour mark, then probably 20 or so.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Find the MFG label on it, I'm curious if it came out of the Ducar factory like my Westinghouse.

5. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Friday score! Went by Harbor freight to pick a predator 3500, they were out except for the display model which they sold me for 20% off!

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

And it's blue... [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

That looks suspiciously like my Westinghouse, must come out of the same Ducar plant. There are a whole bunch using that design that just hit the market.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I'm gonna buy a bunch of them blue turds, slap some Yamaha stickers on them and sell
    Them for $500 to y'all idiots.

MachineR1 likes this.
  10. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

^ Robby, saw an article this week where Costco sold fake Tiffany rings for $3.9M in contribution, but lost the inevitable lawsuit for $19M plus court/legal fees.

11. Did it come with a complementary ninja 250 and vouchers for a race season in D? Or do you have to mail away for it. :Poke: :D

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  12. The dog is pretty cute but it's a bad judge of character. :crackup:

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Used my EU1000i, purchased in '02, unmaintained 'til the oil light came on. Added some oil. Still running...haven't added/changed any oil or performed any other "maintenance" procedures. Pump gas, ethanol, whatever...let it sit for years sometimes. Doesn't matter, it's starts, runs and pulls the loads. The EU2000i, purchased in '04, gets the same treatment tho' its "low oil" light has yet to come on.
    All I need is the now unavailable parallel kit. Yes, Honda had a kit to connect the 1000 to the 2000.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

He probably would not have liked you if you were wearing "the pants"...:D

15. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

You can DIY a kit for way less. Seen people connect 3-4 2000's in parallel

16. Probably would have tried to come home with me if I was wearing "the pants". But they are not coming with me to TX so you, the dog, the family and TX are safe. :p

crashman likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

Yes, but that's "like" generator outputs. I want to link dissimilar gennies...which you used to be able to do with the Honda kit. No more.

18. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I bet someone out there has out it was done and it can be replicated.

19. fastfreddie

Yeah. I might/could figure it out. I believe the issue that removed that particular kit was people incorrectly connecting the cables and frying the little gennie.

20. Don't confuse him, he will be looking for rings with a picture of a girl named Tiffany on them :)