1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official "I want a shitty generator thread"

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 9, 2017.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Just last week I told my daughters that our puppy was by far the cutest of our 3 children. Neither one was even a little amused...

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I did it. I bought the new Harbor Freight 3500 generator. Will unpack it and fire it up tomorrow. Stand by. Plan is strictly to power the RV, so 3,000 running watts with 3500 surge is more than enough to run the 13.5 BTU A/C, the fridge, and whatever phone chargers and crap.

3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

So did I. Very quiet. Was on sale for $649. I got the warranty as well.

Here is what the output waveform looks like. Not bad.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwOTpTAjW4vHWEtXMm1jT3RFZkk/view?usp=sharing

NemesisR6, t11ravis and baconologist like this.
  4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Phl218 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  5. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

It's from Harbor Freight, automatically in the shitty anything category...although I do love the place. I went with the Champion (3100/3400) from Generators Direct, it was around $780 on sale a few months back. I cheaped out and didn't get the remote start. Starts and runs my 15,000ac on the trailer with no issues. Pleased with it so far.

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I remember when Makayla was 4 days old and you told me she was actually cute for a newborn. :crackup:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hush. Don't be calling me out for being nice in public!

Actually she was - still had the newborn look but she was probably the cutest I've seen :D

Paige likes this.
  8. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

It's not red or blue...therefore, it's shit and and successes or achievements made in the owners lifetime have been rendered invalid with no hope of ever recovering a respectable existence.

Unless he kills that contraption with fire and buys the Honda with whatever dignity and cash he can scrape together at such a low point.:crackup:

9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I mean, I'm not an expert... but sure looks red to me :Poke:
    pred.jpg

10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

that depends...
    [​IMG]

11. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Some of those are pink

Phl218 likes this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

will all the HF genny owners be doing exit interviews with Chris Hanson? :D

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

couple Yamaha 2400's for sale locally- $700 and $1000. I'd be all over it if I had $700 or $1000

Razr likes this.
  14. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

That's obviously not even close to the right shade of red! It's a putrid Chinese abortion of a red spectrum clone! Mark my words, you buy one of those and your children's children will be stricken to a life of shame and misery!

:D

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

My God man.
    You really have a thing against those gennys! :crackup:

Brad likes this.
  16. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

whispering/sshhhhhh...........I'd go buy one tomorrow if I was in the market..I'm just stirring the pot of the yamonda snobs/whisper off

Damn right! Buy that crap and you deserve the suffering! :D

t11ravis likes this.
  17. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

The lead paint probably helps with sound deadening ;)

badmoon692008, Razr and Brad like this.
  18. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Sabre wins the thread

19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Copying my review to here.

I volunteered as tribute for the Harbor Freight generator. Lots of talk but I don't personally know anyone else with one.

I pulled it out of the box and was pleased to see that it did not fall apart in my hands. After 15 seconds of messing with it, it has exceeded my expectations.

I about shit bricks when I pulled on the starter cord. It started on literally the first pull. Hot damn. As it was running I decided to read the manufactures opinion, also known as directions.

It's got a 90 day no hassle warranty so I plan on running the piss out of it until then. Couple of initial thoughts:

1) very impressed with the build quality.
    2) it's seriously quiet, even not on eco mode. Just as quiet as a EU3000.
    3) electric start is awesome.
    4) the little details are nice. The captive panel screws, so they don't get lost. Built in hour meter/watt gauge/amp gauge. Pretty cool. With just the air conditioner running, pulling just over 12 amps which is spot on for the 13.5k BTU.

If it's a piece of shit I'll be telling everyone. So far, awesome initial impressions. Oh, and of course I'm running Rotella in it.

20. caferace

caferace No.

So you pulled on the cord for electric stat generator. Neato.

:D

-jim