1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Latest on TC in AMA SBK

Discussion in 'General' started by 2OLD2SLOW, Jul 3, 2012.

1. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

If you wanna know what the deal is. Look at the obvious. The only thing related to traction control Yosh needs to change is the pilot. Hopefully Chris will progress fast enough to be a real contender next year. He did great at NOLA. The other rider can come from the last place on the grid and win. Then in the next race finish 3rd. He is a ride when he wants to ride guy. He did it last year by turning in a 5th at the last race of the year giving Hayes the championship.

Plain and simple. If Hayes was on the yosh bike. He would still be the series champ. He took that R1 program to the whole new level it is at .. The team has been a huge part of it too.

:D

2. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

How is the O2 going to trim fuel when the bike is in open loop at full throttle?

3. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

:up:

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

This thread is not about who is the best rider and why, it is about what is it going to take to get the sport back to a healthy level of competition with bigger grids.

Stay focused on ya keyboards

5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

In a true Pro environment, I don't think they are that important. As a Pro you run the whole year, or your not really Pro. BSB seems to find plenty of season long runners.

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

you cannot compare BSB and AMA

they dont have to travel as far to compete in a full season

they road racing culture is very much alive and well over there, meaning they get plenty of fans at the races and are able to attract "real" sponsorships from outside industry companies

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

True enough.
    Which means we have something to aspire too :D

8. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

It's a wonder people have to even tune a dynojet! Just slap the thing on, rebuild your engine and it'll work just fine!

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Huh??:confused:

10. PMooney Jr.

I'm thinking there's a little sarcasm there :) But hey, like Captain Sunshine said, just let the O2's do the work...:rolleyes:

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

BSB is expanding to out of country rounds. Namely Assen for starters.

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Read the latest post from the Wanker at Yamaha USA on RRW, what a pathetic little school boy

13. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

He is not a Wanker , Keith is a stand up guy. One of the few I have respect for in the AMA paddock. Companies such as Yamaha plan what they are doing a few years in advance when they set their budgets. Now half way thru the season because Yosh isn't winning things should change.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This price cap that the AMA is instituting, does that cover new purchases or previous? If somebody's already spent tons of money on a system, do they get to keep it (while nobody else can buy one now, even if they did have the money) or do they now have to go out and buy a new system that fits under the cap?

15. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

The O2 isn't used to make sure the engine gets the proper mixture as delivered from the factory's, it is there to make sure the catalyst receives a mixture of gases it can deal with and does not influence fuel trim at WOT.

That being said, I do like the idea of stock ECU's. Maybe mandate OEM ECU's and then supply each team with a SEALED automapper set to xxx/1 to be collected at the end of each event( or during if they thought it was neccessary).

16. turner38

That is about like driving from Atlanta to Homestead with a boat ride mixed in...

Not quite the same as what AMA Pro Racing faces as far as travel, just think how much different Pro racing would be in this country if all the tracks and spectators were concentrated in a area the size of the the southeast...

17. PMooney Jr.

Danny, I'm just messing with sunshine a little.

18. turner38

Oh, Well I'm all for that.:D

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Um...you obviously have to change how you do the way you do the fueling from what it is today.

20. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

top to bottom of the UK is like a 12 hour drive with traffic. Not as far as you would think. They need to model this after Supercross bikes. Nothing crazy expensive or exotic. If Josh jumped on any top 20 bike his talent alone should enable him to win. We have grids with 17 bikes in our premier class. That is sad. The same MotoGP. There should 25-30 guys qualifying for these events on pretty equal equipment. That's how you build back up a sport and generate outside sponsors. I shouldn't cost this much to run a national series.