1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Latest on TC in AMA SBK

Discussion in 'General' started by 2OLD2SLOW, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I am just catching up on Yoshi's response but Peter Doyle has some very strongly negative things to say about the AMA Superbike Championship. WOW!

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I just read that too. Pretty blunt but spot on! My question is this: The second question, regarding the need for a year to adjust, is phrased as "some people say...." which implies that there is a group who say they need a year to adjust. However, I've read all nine parts and don't recall anyone agreeing with that so who's demanding a year to adjust to a plug and play program?

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Love it! I wouldn't say he's bashing anyone just being matter of fact.

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

It seems as though every Australian I've met is just straight up blunt. Peter is an Aussie right?

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I do believe that he is.

6. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

maybe he is referring to Graves which we haven't seen yet?

7. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly the same team that JU said has not replied or has delayed any reply to the questions posed... Knowing that we've gotten input from minor players as well as major ones, the one that has not commented is pretty easy to identify and happens to be doing REALLY well without any proposed changes thanks in large part to having what may be the best rider in the country!

8. 2OLD2SLOW

^ What he said ^

9. Yep. I work with them (Aussies) all time and really enjoy it. No PC BS, just say what you think.

10. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I loved Buell's comments in his interview....

Make the rule about using stock electronics, that way the trickle-down technology actually improves as manufacturers are forced to create useful, user-level programmable electronics.

11. I like that idea too. When people are buying more of x brand because it is the best, it will force others to step up.

The S1000RR is one of the best things to happen to the motorcycle industry. I wonder how long we would have went with "Bold New Graphics" being the improvement year to year if people like BMW and Kawi hadnt raised the bar.

12. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

It's a factory team out of cypress, usually Keith McCarty is the point of contact

13. 2OLD2SLOW

I couldn't agree more! Limit the costs, increase the grids and participation, and at the same time keep the OEM's motivated to produce "nearly" race caliber performance!

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Aussies and Kiwis are the same mate, we just say it as it is, and if ya do not like it, fuk off:up:

Truth is always better then PC Crap, saves time and money also

15. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

:up:

My motto too. :D

16. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

I rubbed a lot of people wrong here in the US when I first arrived here 13 years ago, I had to become Americanised quickly to exist over here but people are way too 'feel good' and 'everyone needs a group hug' in my opinion

People in the US need to 'harden the eff up' as Chopper Reid would say :up:

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

great movie...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sealing connectors, swapping boxes randomly, check for changes, all sorts of double checks can be done.

Will it be 100% foolproof? Nope, but it can be pretty damn close.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really - there is no inherent need to set up the ecu for each individual rider. The rider and teams need to set themselves up for the ecu...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA isn't running professional racing. WERA's customers are our riders and our rules and class structures are based on that. If we ran professional racing then some things would change how they are focused for those races.