1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Jorge Lorenzo v Marc Marquez thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Dec 16, 2018.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Suddenly, 21 is a front-runner? Hmmmmm.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Did crack-cocaine recently become legal in NYC???

3. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Zarco and the maniac seem like they would do it, maybe petrucci... they just can't keep up with him to give it to him.

ZimZam likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Puig sooo has a secret pee tape of Nakamoto... I see no other reason for him having such an authority over HRC.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's some biased bullshite :D

Started with a good premise, I'm sure Rossi doesn't think he's on the downswing of his career. He's goes off the rails with the bs about MM never doing anything but racing incidents and Rossi being malicious. They both have done both.

6. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

you mean the one that he just got fixed and was fucked up all year and he still won the championship?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

You should send them a sternly written letter chastising them for being unaware that Rossi actually has nine titles. :Poke:

Rossi has established himself as a MotoGP legend by winning seven titles, but has been unable to add to his championship tally since 2009.”

Oh that’s right, the article is talking about the premier class.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

9 years without a title and he's still in the premier class, someone should tell him you're only as good as your last championship :D

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

IKR.
    Yeah, DP with zero titles is an all time GP legend because, WINS.
    While Rossi has been relegated to a has been status.
    Uccio hate makes peeps be crazy. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're still dancing on your own, I see. Meanwhile, there are still unanswered yes/no question last time I checked. Move on, try again next time. :crackup:

11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Yes, that one

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh I’ve answered and you know I have but you won’t or can’t accept it.
    Better get writing that letter to them about Rossi’s actual championships.
    :rock:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

that dude is terrible. he didn't even finish like 2 out of the last three races or something like that. pure rubbish.

vizsladog likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That thread is still there. The yes/no question is still unanswered, even though it's followed by multiple George Costanza-like additions. So like last time, you may continue on your own. I know you can't stop when you're embarrassed. Go! :crackup:

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Im not saying he sucks. Im saying he if bumps it enough, the weakened/injured area will fail and a fix might not be possible the next time. Peak condition is critical at this level and riding around injuries is tough.

vizsladog likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

You on pain meds bro? Seriously.
    You are the one making the silly assertion that I am unaware of how many total world championships Rossi has, even thou I stated it in this very thread a couple of post ago. While it’s pretty clear we were discussing, just like the article that you posted is, Follow Along - talking about the premier class only.

Yet you still can’t grasp it. But keep asking questions that have no relevance. Better get that letter out.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’ll be contrarian here. I don’t think they’ll end up bitter rivals. I think they’ll be annoyed / pissed when the other guy shows them up, but unless Marc berms George I don’t think it’ll devolve into war. Jorge is catty but doesn’t really seem to hold a grudge as he just doesn’t give enough of a shit about other people to bother. He likes to do his talking on track. It’d also be politically unwise for him to go to war with Marc, that’s a fight I don’t see him winning. He’s no idiot.

Marc does his talking on track and doesn’t give a fuck when people fight him hard, and has the confidence of knowing he’s firmly entrenched at Honda. Jorge is going to rival and challenge him, not utterly dominate him. I don’t see an incentive for him to go to war either.

If Marc’s shoulder degrades and Jorge consequently ends up becoming clearly the dominant rider, I could see Team Marquiz going to war with Jorge to get back some juice with Honda.

I don’t see any advantage for Jorge to go to war with Marc in any scenario. He won’t gain more power fighting Marc in the office, only beating him on track. I think it’ll only happen if we see a greatly weakened Marc and a dominant Jorge. Assuming both sides are rational actors and they don’t start acting out because they’re pissed. A big assumption, granted.

18. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

his shoulder was a complete mess. He popped it out on a cool down lap. His shoulder was a mess all year and he won at the top level. Its fixed now,so he should be fine.

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I still marvel that he ended up getting hired as team manager after they banished him. Some dirty dealings went on for Puig to make that happen.

stk0308, vfrket and BigBird like this.
  20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I’m sorry, have we been watching the same Jorge ride for the last decade? You just described the exact opposite of what he really is/does.

BigBird likes this.