1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

Yeah if you commit to cutting the corner early the route doesn't even seem to slow you down. He barely lost a place and was close enough to make the pass back in the next corner, so where was the steward action on that. That along with the 2 LH penalties seems like they are taking advantage of any opportunity to level the playing field. I don't doubt Verstappen practiced cutting T1 early in his mind a few times.

Sainz made his decision later and was it Grojean that did it even later and had no way of navigating the blocks so he pulverized the last set

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Surprised this hasn't pushed this thread back to the top again.

The next chosen one, Mick Schumacher, to do FP1 in Germany for Alfa.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So Red Bull could need Renault again. That should be interesting.

DrA5 likes this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I think it's time to resurrect Cosworth:D

DrA5 and OGs750 like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just saw that Honda news a few hours ago and it's taken a bit to sink in. Major road house dick kick right there.

and how will it trickle down to motogp? :(

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Honda puts more into there MotoGP program than to their F1 deal, it might even help there bike effort.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just read that Honda spent over a Billion in F1 the last few years (don't know if that's from 2015 on or just in the Red Bull years). Motogp costs them $50 Million plus a year.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    motion likes this.
  10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Funny if that happens as back in the late 60's Honda pulled out of bike racing to spend more on their F1 effort.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got to wonder how this would affect the rumor of Red Bull leaving Tech3 and going to Honda in motogp.

Honda leaves the two Red Bull teams with their dicks hanging out, would Red Bull sponsor the factory honda in motogp?

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What will happen to F1 in a few more years when RedBull and Mercedes leave?

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This is too funny to pass up...

upload_2020-10-2_13-34-45.png

CRA_Fizzer, rice r0cket, Razr and 3 others like this.
  14. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

This is nothing new. What is this, the third...fourth time they pulled out of F1?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I feel like it would be a shock for Red Bull and KTM to part ways. I could maybe see them pairing it down to one team but with KTMs current form and their ties in every other form of 2 wheeled racing it would be crazy.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The rumors I read were that they were leaving Tech3 to back the Honda factory team (with Repsol's current woes - more and more electric cars and people driving less with the covid cooties).

18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Do Red Bull sponsor a cycling team? I'd have thought that would be perfect for them considering that it gives you wings an' all.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They sponsor athletes in damn near everything including Women's lacrosse, fencing, multiple cyclists (don't know if they have their own full team but it wouldn't surprise me), own a US pro european kicky ball team and damn near everything else.

I half jokingly expect them to buy all of F1. :D

20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Heavily involved in the dirt stuff. Road not so much but they do have some presence there.