1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I was just about to post the same thing. It was embarrassing.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah not the best. Here we go!

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes it did. Get somebody good so the rest of the world doesn't laugh at us (or Texas)

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Poor Vettel.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What an embarrassment for the track. The streets of Baku look better.

rcarson15, DrA5 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes it is, bring them back to Indianapolis....

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes, please.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Congrats Valtteri, congrats Lewis!

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was convinced that Bottas was going to find a way to lose that race.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah that was tough, Lewis wanted no part of second. That yellow prevented Max from challenging for second, that would have been nice to see. All of them inspiring, not an ounce of quit in them.

12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I tried watching the race. I couldn't do it. Boring, to many times the officials had to review a pass, the push to pass button or whatever the fuck it is. Race what you bring. Stop with all the Bs

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the race, but F1 doesn't have push to pass. They do have certain sections of the track where if you are within one second of the car in front of you, your rear wing opens up to help you potentially pass.

I do agree F1 is pretty boring.

BigBird likes this.
  14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Yep, It's called DRS.

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I am not sure those that called yesterdays race boring were watching what I was watching. There were two on-track passes for the lead, one with a few laps to go, numerous on track passes, Albon came from dead last after a first lap crash with three pit stops to take 5th. There were a few boring sections, but not every F1 race is going to have every lap be on the edge of your seat. I also noticed, even though the track was pure crap, it did seem to be the one time cars could actually follow somewhat closely through the twisty bits. The only car I saw wash out in the section from turn 2 to turn 9 was Grosjean in the Haaaaaaaaaaaaass. So, its hard to know if it was aero or just Romaine.

Max, a Jacques Villeneuve in the making, threw gas on a fire by calling out Ferrari as cheating.

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe how dirty that track was. At the start when they were using all of the track it looked like they were driving down a dirt road! I used to want to do a track day there but not anymore lol.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

they didn't do qualifying this weekend?

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

19. rwdfun

rwdfun

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm curious about race lap times vs qualifying lap times. Is the difference due right foot management for tire preservation, detuning the engine for race day, both, or something else entirely?