1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

This is always the answer.

Ferrari has veto power over any FIA sporting regulation that comes up for vote.

What other sport exists where a single team has controlling power over the direction of the sport?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

WSBK has come very close at times.

3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Is that because of the participation level in the series, or because it's written in the by-laws, like it is for Ferrari and F1?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think Ducati has been the only manufacturer involved at the factory level since the beginning of the series. They are a big part of the history of the series and it gives them a special (unwritten) status. Less so now them say, in the 1990s but still.

5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I had read at one point that everyone on the FIA board gets a Ferrari. If that is not conflict of interest, i don't know what is.....

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. DrA5

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Verstappen continues to be his own worst enemy...and loses pole position as a result!

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn. DannyRic starting 13th and Kimster 14th. That sucks!

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Here we go!

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, Ferrari has been spectacularly good at losing races that were very difficult to lose this year. :bow:

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

They should get Kyvat's pit crew.

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Another snooze fest.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

How the eff do you lose a race when you have a 1-2 on the starting grid... jeeze.

16. DrA5

And have an engine that others can’t catch even with DRS.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

And do it on a continual basis...

18. rwdfun

rwdfun

Ferrari team boss said a 1 stopper was s risk only the teams behind could take. So he's saying having his cars on the front row is a disadvantage. Maybe the Mercs aren't slower than Ferrari they just know it's better to not start on the front row. Now that's German thinking for you.

19. DrA5

The Mercedes Benz brain trust gets it far more right more often than getting it wrong. So why the hell does Hamilton immediately think they fucked him over every single time over the radio? He really is wearing thin on me.........

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not really sure why. He got his shit together when it mattered. He knows that. They definitely know that. :)