1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I don't know why some people feel that only the outcome should determine if there is a penalty or not. Jump the start? Well, if he loses a spot, it's not a foul then. Wrong, jumping the start is jumping the start. Cause a crash? Well, if it put you out, then that is penalty enough. Wrong. Carry it over to the next race then. This outcomes determining the penalties is not the right way of thinking.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Why not? It's how PAC12 football refs call games.

3. rwdfun

rwdfun

Now that Mercedes sewed up the manufacturers championship, this is a possibility. I think they were happy to let LH finish 3rd with Bottas winning considering how qualifying went. Can't say that to LH though. When he asked what he needed to do to win the race they should have said pass Vettel and Bottas duh? Or tell him something like lap 4 seconds faster. Then when he comes back he can't, say well you aint winning then.

Because Ferrari

The fact the Leclerc took Verstappen out and then ignored his team orders to pit long enough to let the end plate take LH mirror off should have drawn a penalty. Stewards will hand out a penalty if a car leaves the box then stops with a wheel nut loose but carbon fiber flying off a car for a couple laps gets nothing? I guess if you do something do multiple things so they can only give you one 5 second penalty for all violations #becauseferrari

Has anyone seen the official ruling on the false start non-penalty? His wheels were on the line, he moved so his wheels may have still been inside the box before the red lights went off. Then restarted. So does that mean everyone can lineup with wheels in front of the line but still in the box now? Why have the line then?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  4. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

He was penalized twice, for the Max contact and for driving in an unsafe manner

5. rwdfun

rwdfun

so 2.5 second penalty each?

6. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

No, 5 for one 10 for the other:

But after being given a five-second penalty for colliding with Verstappen he was handed another 10-second time penalty for driving his car in an unsafe condition when he failed to pit immediately following the collision, dropping Leclerc to seventh place in the final results.

And he owned it:

“I was on the inside, and being behind Seb and Lewis, I lost a little bit of the front, but normally you need to anticipate those things, and I didn’t. I’m the one to blame.”

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/931289/1/leclerc-shoulders-blame-verstappen-clash

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

I heard about the 5 second penalty (after the race) Hadn't heard about the 10 second penalty. In that case, Ferrari might have preferred to know the penalties during the race since they brought Leclerc in to grab the fastest lap time. I'm pretty sure he had more than a 15 second lead over the position behind at that time.

8. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

10. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

^Yeah, I hear Lewis is dating Greta Thunberg now

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

sucks to be a narcissist

cpettit likes this.
  12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He seems to be triggering some people here. :)

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Everyone is uneducated but him. Sounds about right.
    Man, losing a race these days sure seems to make vaginas extra sandy. He should go play soccer.

DrA5 likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

He should basically just shut up and drive, and enjoy his hundreds of millions of USD/pounds/Euros

brex and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Here's the full text of the 3 posts he deleted.

Hey world. I hope everyone's enjoying their day.

I'm sad right now with the thought of where this world is going. Extinction of our race becoming more and more likely as we over use our resources. The world is a messed up place. World leaders either uneducated or don't care about the environment at all. Agriculture farming is the largest pullutant we currently have by over 50%, far more that our travel industry combined. I'm sad to see so many people, even close friends ignore what is happening daily. Education is key and we were taught that eating animal products was good for us but we've been lied to for 100s of years.

It's taken me 32 years to understand the impact I am having on the world and I'm figuring our daily what I can do to play a better part. I want my life to mean something and honestly up until now my life's had no meaning. being a part of the issue is not meaningful. Being part of the solution is and I'm striving to do better. I urge you, to do some research, find the compassion I know you have within you to recognise what you are contributing to in terms of what you eat which keeps the meat and dairy industry flourishing and therefore, deforestation, animal cruelty, our seas and climate decaying on a daily basis. Go Vegan, it is the only way to truly save our planet today. It can be done so quickly, all you have to do is put your mind to it.

Honestly, I feel like giving up on everything. Shut down completely. Why bother when the world is such a mess and people don't seem to care. I'm going to take a moment away to gather my thoughts. Thanks to those of you who do give a damn about the world.

BigBird likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hey Lewis, news flash: People are greedy and dumb. You're right, some day we will all be gone. After a few seconds, cosmically speaking, the earth will be right back to the way it was before the idiots appeared. Get over yourself. Nothing you do is meaningful or significant in the grand scheme of things.

17. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Jesus...what a twat.....

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean he sounds like anyone else that quit something and talks from a soapbox.

Ever met someone who quit smoking or drugs. You just want them to shut up about seeing the light, and blah blah blah.

Sent from my smatrfone

DrA5 likes this.
  19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Lewis is a twat. He really makes it hard to like him. Don't forget his Chicken Little movie coming out on how eating meat is killing the planet.......because he has to use his stance as one of the worlds greatest athletes to shove his agenda down the throats of you plebs that don't know any better. He and LeBron can start their own club.........

Side note- Anyone following the legal drama that Ricciardo is in? His manger Beavis helped arrange his big dollar...errr...Euro... Renault deal. From what little I understand from what I read, sometime between outlining and presenting aspects of the contract to Renault and signing the contract, or even after signing (as that important aspect has never really been laid out in what I have seen so far), Dan Rick kicked Beavis to the curb and said "meh, I'll just take it all" instead of the 20% cut Beavis feels he is entitled to for securing the deal. If that is true, that makes Ricciardo the biggest asshat in some time. Dare I say on Nico Rosberg level.

20. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I do notice Lewis doesnt seem to have a problem cashing those Petronas checks. But god forbid I want a steak on the gril .

Potts N Pans, Razr and DrA5 like this.